• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Hungarian Time Attack - NSX onboard

lol I was wondering why your visor was down.Did you have a wheel chock on the R front? What tires? You look comfortable so I'm sure you've done a fair amount of track driving.

Looks like fun! Any more details about your NSX and its mods?

Just a few...
'92 NSX
stock engine with Taitec GTLW exhaust, TOPSPEED headers and Bline cold air intake Suspension: K&W V3, SOS sway bars and NSX-R chassis bars

Brakes: OEM calipers, OEM size Stoptech Aero rotors with Carbotech XP10&XP8 pads
Tires: 230/610 R17 Yokohama advan005 moderate condition in front & 27/650 R18 Michelin S8H in bad condition at the back

That is all...:-(

lol I was wondering why your visor was down.Did you have a wheel chock on the R front? What tires? You look comfortable so I'm sure you've done a fair amount of track driving.

LOL..around 8PM the sun is so low this time of the year in Hungary.
What is a wheel chock?
230/610 R17 Yokohama Advan005 in ok condition at the frint and 27/650 R18 Michelin S8H in bad condition at the back
Fair amount is relative...I'm an amatear beginner...but enthusiastic :-)

why did you run around to the front of the car before taking off? You seem to lack rear grip,you where fighting the car on corner exit.With the stock engine na you should not be as loose as you were.

why did you run around to the front of the car before taking off? You seem to lack rear grip,you where fighting the car on corner exit.With the stock engine na you should not be as loose as you were.

The metal thing behind the center of the wheel has fallen out (I think due to the excessive heat it deformed a bit) and had to put is back.

And not only at the exits....:-( I know the back tires were in bad condition :-( I lost a lot of time due to that

as long as tire pressures are optimal you can be less abrupt with the gas pedal,smoooooooth out, and soften up the rear shocks and stiffen the fronts.

as long as tire pressures are optimal you can be less abrupt with the gas pedal,smoooooooth out, and soften up the rear shocks and stiffen the fronts.

Tire pressure was optimal (2.10-2.15 bar) and the temperature as well. The only thing was that the rear tires were really bad condition.
The rear was soften up as much as I could..:-(
If I made it more smoooooooth at the way out it was so so slow......
Next time will look for a better tire....but they are expensive like hell :-((

Really nice driving, quick reflexes and you didn't hesitate driving off the track a bit to pass the slow car that was taking the entire track.

BTW: Is your background in karting or in rallying, or perhaps both?

Thanks!
I'm an amateur karting guy with about a dozen real races.
Iz seem like from the inside that it will stay at the right side of the track, and than unexpectible started to move to the left....it was a bit scary from the inside :-(

I can agree that was a good example of fine driving, well done. Except for getting so put out by the other driver's bad manners in hogging the track. Did you consider he didn't see you coming because you were closing in so fast? Regardless, when on the track it pays to keep your cool at ALL times :)

I can agree that was a good example of fine driving, well done. Except for getting so put out by the other driver's bad manners in hogging the track. Did you consider he didn't see you coming because you were closing in so fast? Regardless, when on the track it pays to keep your cool at ALL times :)
Thanks!

I saw his eyes in the side back view mirror....I though he saw me...I was wrong :-(

Hi!
Yes the KW is noticable faster on the track than my former Bilstein/OEM spring setup. The major difference for me is that I can "feel" the car much more precise. Like I can scan the asphalt with the steering wheel.
Actually this is your KW :-))
Yes, I know. :wink:
What settings are you running (from full stiff)? My setting was quite comfortable, not very track-orientated.

Nice video BTW.

Well done sir. I see those kart days have served you well. I always enjoy watching a nsx driven to the edge. Happy motoring.
Thanks sir! :-) I do have a lot of happy mototring with the NSX...she is so perfect, but still could be improved :-) (as the driver should as well).
The mod list are the followings:
1. OS GIKKEN LSD 2. Lighter wheels (my current Works CR-KAi track setup feels so bulky :-(( 3.BBK, 4. Front splitter with a rear wing

That is what I think at the momet...

Yes, I know. :wink:
What settings are you running (from full stiff)? My setting was quite comfortable, not very track-orientated.

Nice video BTW.

:rolleyes:
I started the ones advised by Billy Johnson made some finetune and come back to the original one advised by him such as:
F Compression: 2-clicks/sweeps from full stiff
R Compression: 4-clicks/sweeps from full stiff

F Rebound: 3 clicks from full stiff
R Rebound 5 clicks from full stiff

next time out soften bump and rebound further on the rear and see how it goes.Also you can't drive the nsx like the cart and be fast,It might look exciting but you have to smoothout your aproach and link the turns.

next time out soften bump and rebound further on the rear and see how it goes.Also you can't drive the nsx like the cart and be fast,It might look exciting but you have to smoothout your aproach and link the turns.

• soften the compression and the rebound at the rear or only the rebound?
  • smoothout the aproach means the "aproach of the turns" or in general make it more smoother?
I also hade the feeling that I was too close to the limit too many time, but if I made it more smooth than the laptimes were slower. I do have onboard laptimer with 3 intervals, so I see my time "live"....

Thanks for any suggestion BTW..!

No, thank you for posting a good video. I like your mods. and your approach, the driver could always be improved. What are your opinions of the Zikken differential? For example, were you able to get on the gas earlier out of the turns?
Docjohn, no disrespect intended, but if you want good times in Karting the same rules you stated applies. Drifting is fun but slow, smoother is faster, well at least that's what the guy who was coaching me said.
It's always fun watching a nsx taken to the limits at the track and arriving back home in one piece.

Last edited:
No, thank you for posting a good video. I like your mods. and your approach, the driver could always be improved. What are your opinions of the Zikken differential? For example, were you able to get on the gas earlier out of the turns?
Docjohn, no disrespect intended, but if you want good times in Karting the same rules you stated applies. Drifting is fun but slow, smoother is faster, well at least that's what the guy who was coaching me said.
It's always fun watching a nsx taken to the limits at the track and arriving back home in one piece.
Yes you are right that drifting makes the laptimes slower and to be honest it is not as much fun to drift with an NSX with slick tires with 100mph :-)
I have driven my frined NSX with OS Gikken and the diffenece is huge!!! I think that with the slick tires the OEM LSD can not handle the increased grip and it is simply not working. The inside wheel gets too much of torque and spins....with the OS gikken it really fly out from the corner and turns the front of the car towrds the exit....

Back