• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hydraulic lifts for rear glass hatch

Has anyone had problems with the rear glass hatch not being able to be supported by the 2 hydraulic arms? Do they have to be replaced or can I just take them to a shop that does hydraulics and have more hydraulic oil put in?
Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin

97 NSX-T

Yes they do fail over time and no you can't take them to a shop and have more hydraulic oil added (they are compressed gas). If you can live without the struts for a while, Strutwise is the inexpensive rebuild solution. If not, then its off to your dealer for a new pair. Chances are they will not be in stock in Canada. When I needed new lift cylinders for my trunk, the dealer said back-order and started talking about 2-3 month delivery. I ended up ordering from Delray in the US who had them in stock. You can also try sending an email to Eric at Teknotik. He can usually get OEM parts and will sell at a discount. He could also probably tell you whether the part is in stock or whether there is going to be a wait.

https://shop.teknotik.com/

I bought brand new oem ones off eBay for 120 bucks.

In 2013.. atomicmall.com advertised struts on Prime... I bought 2 for 65.00 total... they work greatatomicmall.proboards50.comno idea if they exsist any longertheir fax is 1-443460-4237Yakima washington

Back