• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

I got my engine back.. Yea..

Just want to share some pics of my old head gasket that was pretty bad. This was after running for 4 years boosted and about 35k miles. My issue was that one of the times on highway, one of the old coolant hoses broke and I overheated the engine. (I also got needed paint job) I don't know if that did it but after winter the coolant would run pretty hot. This time around I got the MLS gaskets and the ARP studs :)

Dave

Attachments

• DTS_3920.jpg
    DTS_3920.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 100
  • DTS_3921.jpg
    DTS_3921.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 59
  • DTS_3922.jpg
    DTS_3922.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 67
  • DTS_3923.jpg
    DTS_3923.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 67
  • DTS_3886.jpg
    DTS_3886.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 213
  • DTS_3914.jpg
    DTS_3914.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Hey Dave did you paint it a darker silver.....looks like Kaiser Silver

Yea, It is Kaiser Silver/custom. We start of with it and then start mixing and I could not make my mind. I had the guys make it few shades darker. It is almost like (polished metal metallic) from honda pilot and painted roof black. Shoul have it back next week :)

Yea, It is Kaiser Silver/custom. We start of with it and then start mixing and I could not make my mind. I had the guys make it few shades darker. It is almost like (polished metal metallic) from honda pilot and painted roof black. Shoul have it back next week :)

Finally get the door fixed, 3 years later:tongue:Cant wait to see the finished project. Mt Fuji run before the weather turns?

Is this all that you changed? How much did you overheat and why?
Have you done a before and after compresson, leakdown or dyno tests?

What did it cost?

Is this all that you changed? How much did you overheat and why?
Have you done a before and after compresson, leakdown or dyno tests?

What did it cost?

I changed the head gasket and the bolts for it. I checked the AEM logs after it got overheated and they read about 260F. My issue was I had old rubber radiator hoses and was going to change them but never had time. One day it was very hot I was stuck in traffic then I got on road and punch it. I don't know when it broke as I don't look at the gauges all the time, but I start smelling coolant and I notice it is running hot, I pulled over. I replaced all the hoses and was fine for the next 6-8months, and I started to notice overheating time to time. (235-240F)

I seen parts of the head gasket floating in the coolant tank and I used the GM liquid to test if there are exhaust gases. It turn from yellow to blue so I was sure it was head gasket. Leak down pointed to cylinder #1.

The labor was about $800 + parts..

Dave

Last edited:
dave that color looks serious :eek:! everytime i drive my car i think of how fast your is. Im getting ready to put it up again and buy me a 3rd house and after that im going turbo but would like to do my motor 1st (stronger pistons). keep up the good work dave.:wink:

Back