• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I got the tickets to the Pilot shoot of US Top Gear

BD

Legendary Member
This saturday, the tickets are free.

It's in Whittier California Studio

However, I put down my age 36, I got the tickets without problem. My customers put down their age of early 20's and were declined. So you might want to put a older age when inputing the information.

http://www.ocatv.com/shows/show/216/event/5076

Let's get some NSXers to go!!!

Last edited:
just submitted my form. hope i get in...

Filled up.

WE'RE SORRY, BUT THE TAPING HAS FILLED UP. IF YOU ARE ALREADY ON THE WAITLIST, WE WILL NOTIFY YOU IF MORE TICKETS BECOME AVAILABLE. If you are not on the waitlist, please submit your information below and we will notify if additional tickets become available.

That's too bad. I did my around 9:50 and didn't have any problems.

anybody else not excited about the US top gear? i mean, cmon - adam corolla? "Come see your favorite radio and TV host" ..... yeah right, i think he's just an awkward mofo.

it's just going to give clarkson something else to make fun of the americans about...... except this time he'll actually be right :tongue:

i don't know - i guess we'll see how it is :rolleyes:

adam corrola is cool, but i cant imagine anybody else id like to see on there

and i really hope they dont have a "stig" im not enthusiastic about a knockoff of top gear, im just excited to hopefuley see a decent auto show.... which reminds me, i have some scca touring and gt, and germany f1 on tivo to watch:biggrin:

Meh, it put me on the waiting list. No worries though cause I got traffic school this Saturday anyway. :tongue::biggrin:

Adam C + Suit = WTF? :biggrin:

anybody else not excited about the US top gear? i mean, cmon - adam corolla? "Come see your favorite radio and TV host" ..... yeah right, i think he's just an awkward mofo.

it's just going to give clarkson something else to make fun of the americans about...... except this time he'll actually be right :tongue:

i don't know - i guess we'll see how it is :rolleyes:

I am willing to give it the benefit of doubt- but I would have prefered it if they had assembled the cast from American automotive journalism. Instead we got a comedian, a home improvement guy, and a drift car driver. I am not sure how that equates to excellence in automotive presentation, but apparently NBC thinks they have it right.

Personally i think...

1. Brock Yates is the American equivelent to Clarkson
2. Jamie Kitman is our James May
3. the replacement for Hammster is open to suggestion- I'd like to see an internet blogger like Doug Hayashi, or Alex Roy in that spot.

just my .02

P

Last edited:
I think it's going to suck in comparison to the original. As for Adam, does he even have a strong knowledge of cars around the globe? I'd say Leno for his knowledge but I just don't like Leno. I think our own nsx racer Danny would make a good driver for the show. Experience, humor, and willing to be a goofball for the sake of driving fast (semi truck).

got three... hope they have a good line up.

Hmmmmm......

Top Gear USA: Howie Mandel, Melanie B to flog Kia Rio

What would Top Gear be without a star in a reasonably priced car? Well... better, for one thing. But that hasn't stopped NBC from porting over the red-headed step-child of Top Gear segments to the imported version of the show. According to Jalopnik, during tomorrow's taping, B-listers C-listers D-listers Howie Mandel and Melanie B (former Spice Girl) will be piloting the U.S.'s own version of a reasonably-priced car – a Kia Rio – around the newly minted Top Gear test track. What can we expect? Nothing good, we thinks. Nor does it bode well that both pseudo-celebs are part of the NBC franchise. Depressed? We thought so. But the taping is tomorrow, so we'll try to remain upbeat until the first reports from inside the studio surface.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/07/25/top-gear-usa-howie-mandel-melanie-b-to-flog-kia-rio/

Hmmmmm......

Top Gear USA: Howie Mandel, Melanie B to flog Kia Rio

What would Top Gear be without a star in a reasonably priced car? Well... better, for one thing. But that hasn't stopped NBC from porting over the red-headed step-child of Top Gear segments to the imported version of the show. According to Jalopnik, during tomorrow's taping, B-listers C-listers D-listers Howie Mandel and Melanie B (former Spice Girl) will be piloting the U.S.'s own version of a reasonably-priced car – a Kia Rio – around the newly minted Top Gear test track. What can we expect? Nothing good, we thinks. Nor does it bode well that both pseudo-celebs are part of the NBC franchise. Depressed? We thought so. But the taping is tomorrow, so we'll try to remain upbeat until the first reports from inside the studio surface.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/07/25/top-gear-usa-howie-mandel-melanie-b-to-flog-kia-rio/

Turn out they had a different guest who drives an R8 for being a spokesman for a VW commercials.

Can't disclose much since I had to sign a none disclosure form, but all I can say is the format is identical to the BBC version, and settings, same style challenges, but without the British Humor. I do think it is funny enough for the US audience.

Back