• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I HATE going to the grocery!

Sorry. I hope I didn't "frighten" some of you happily married hard working guys. :eek:

I just came back from the grocery. I had to do a little shopping and pick up some things. Prior to going I found I had to psych myself up for the trip. I hate going to the grocery and today's experience was no different...

1. Literally ran into some old guy as I was going down the isle and he walked backward into my cart because he wasn't looking where he was going...and he gave me a dirty look!

2. Had to ask some guy and his wife to move their cart because they parked theirs in the middle of the isle and I couldn't get by while they stood there chatting and and blocking the isle.

3. On several occasions I had to ask people to move their carts because they parked theirs next to another cart and the entire isle was blocked. Why don't they park their cart behind that other cart of further down the isle?

4. At the check out counter, is it really too much to expect that you'll have your check book/debit card/credit card/cash ready when they finish checking out your groceries? Why do you have to wait until everything is totaled before you begin searching for you wallet or purse and then have to fumble through it to find your method of payment? Maybe it's just me. I arrive at the check out stand, give the lady my member card, she swipes it, and begin checking out my groceries. While she is doing that, I swipe my debit card, enter my pin number, indicate I don't want any cash, and when she is finished checking my purchases, voila, it's done.

Also, why don't people return their cart to the cart parking place? They just leave them in the parking lot eager to bounce off some car.

It seems that people put the hands around the handle of that grocery cart and go brain dead.

Is it just me?:confused:

+1

It doesn't bother me as much as you but it's definitely frustrating having people constantly parking their carts crosswise to the aisle or smack dab in the middle and standing next to it so no one can get around. The worst is people standing in the entrance to the store and talking to someone (one group is leaving, the other arriving) while blocking both the exit and entrance in some form or fashion.

You get too involved in the process Dtrigg. Be like a ninja instead.

Mine is easy. I go maybe once a week. I get off work at 3pm (stock market) and stop by the near empty grocery store. I don't grab a cart because it's a PITA to maneuver around people-I go for the basket you carry.

I put in my half dozen odwalla's, bottle of cabernet, some sort of snack, a couple healthier frozen 'entrees', some juice, one chocolate bar of 60+% cocoa, and I'm out of there through the 10 items or less line, even if I have more.

Last edited:
You get too involved in the process Dtrigg. Be like a ninja instead.

Yes, Doug. Be like a ninja. Put tennis balls on the bottom of your walker to muffle the sounds. Very stealth. :wink:

Yes, Doug. Be like a ninja. Put tennis balls on the bottom of your walker to muffle the sounds. Very stealth. :wink:

I'll be working on the Hoveround to quieten down the electric whirl sound and be a little more stealth.:wink:

craig,

one of the funniest things i've read on prime in a lonnnnnng time!

doug, i spotted your ninja-walker while i was picking up some polident - or was it preparation h gel? shoot, i guess i'll find out in the morning - @ the store earlier today:

Attachments

• ninjawalker.jpg
    ninjawalker.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 27
+1

It doesn't bother me as much as you but it's definitely frustrating having people constantly parking their carts crosswise to the aisle or smack dab in the middle and standing next to it so no one can get around.

Do what I do. I push my cart into theirs.:wink::biggrin:

Do what I do. I push my cart into theirs.:wink::biggrin:

That's a good idea. Give them a courtesy bump. I know I always think to myself, "Do these people drive like this too?!"

I just came back from the grocery. I had to do a little shopping and pick up some things. Prior to going I found I had to psych myself up for the trip. I hate going to the grocery and today's experience was no different...

1. Literally ran into some old guy as I was going down the isle and he walked backward into my cart because he wasn't looking where he was going...and he gave me a dirty look!

2. Had to ask some guy and his wife to move their cart because they parked theirs in the middle of the isle and I couldn't get by while they stood there chatting and and blocking the isle.

3. On several occasions I had to ask people to move their carts because they parked theirs next to another cart and the entire isle was blocked. Why don't they park their cart behind that other cart of further down the isle?

4. At the check out counter, is it really too much to expect that you'll have your check book/debit card/credit card/cash ready when they finish checking out your groceries? Why do you have to wait until everything is totaled before you begin searching for you wallet or purse and then have to fumble through it to find your method of payment? Maybe it's just me. I arrive at the check out stand, give the lady my member card, she swipes it, and begin checking out my groceries. While she is doing that, I swipe my debit card, enter my pin number, indicate I don't want any cash, and when she is finished checking my purchases, voila, it's done.

Also, why don't people return their cart to the cart parking place? They just leave them in the parking lot eager to bounce off some car.

It seems that people put the hands around the handle of that grocery cart and go brain dead.

Is it just me?:confused:

It happens when they grab there steering wheel as well

That's a good idea. Give them a courtesy bump. I know I always think to myself, "Do these people drive like this too?!"

99% of the time, a courtesy bump will get me a "I'm sorry, let me get my cart out of the way" response.:rolleyes:

I hate it too, I tend to go "off peak times", I also use the automated machines.

I hate it too, I tend to go "off peak times", I also use the automated machines.

What are the automated machines? Self check out?

I remember when I first moved to the UK. I went to the grocery and was in the process of checking out. When the cashier completed the process every one was looking at me and there were groceries everywhere. That's when I learned that in the UK you bag your own groceries.:confused:

What are the automated machines? Self check out?

I remember when I first moved to the UK. I went to the grocery and was in the process of checking out. When the cashier completed the process every one was looking at me and there were groceries everywhere. That's when I learned that in the UK you bag your own groceries.:confused:
I hear ya! No biggie though. The food was so disgusting I only had a few items to bag. :biggrin:

I only hate Wal-Mart. Some lady once came up to me in the isle, gave me a horrific look and said "there is something in my a$$ and I need to go home".

I've not been the same since.

I only hate Wal-Mart. Some lady once came up to me in the isle, gave me a horrific look and said "there is something in my a$$ and I need to go home".

I've not been the same since.

reply, actually I think whatever it was just came out on your face.

Hmmm... maybe I should start my own franchise at the store and sell "Shopping Cart Insurance" :biggrin:

Back