• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I have had my 2000 NSX for 3 weeks. Was wondering if anyone with the same model year

has fairly significant engine vibration at start-up which smoothes out as the car warms up. In addition, I detect the the slight smell of gas at initial start-up only. Is this normal?
Thanks,
Raj

My car has the same feeling at start and I've always assumed that's normal. As far as the smell of gas, you got me?
Z

My car is a tiny bit rough until it gets warm as well, but no smell of gas.

Make sure that it is gas, and not ABS, among other fluids. have it check out.

All NSXes hesitate. However, check and make sure that it is gas you are smelling and not ABS, among other things.

I have an 01 and yes, its a bit rough at idle when cold. It smooths out when warmed up. However, its not nearly as smooth and silent as my 01 CL type S. Perhaps the higher performance engine in the NSX is a bit rougher, or its mounting a bit stiffer.

Does anyone know?

tabasco said:
Mine is slightly rough (to be expected with this engine). No gas smell, though. Have it checked. How many miles?
I wonder more about the clicking noise of my 2000 motor, Acura dealer says it normal but never had that situation with my 93.

to be even more specific, right after I turn on my car from being cold (off for several hours) while the dash indicator lights are still on (specifically the SRS light) if I put it in first, and begin to engage off the clutch with some gas, mine comes close and sometimes does stall if I dont quickly press down the clutch. If I let it sit that extra 2 seconds until the normal turn on lights go out, I'm fine. Or, if the car has been recently running, all is fine too.

anyone have this?

Clicking Noise

My 2000 is a bit rough at first but gets smoother as it warms up. It's normal. Glad to hear the clicking is normal too. I was concerned about that noise. What causes it? It sounds like valves tapping.

Matt

Re: Clicking Noise

NSXForEver said:
My 2000 is a bit rough at first but gets smoother as it warms up. It's normal. Glad to hear the clicking is normal too. I was concerned about that noise. What causes it? It sounds like valves tapping.

Matt
Kind of reminds me of the motor sound of an air cooled VW.

Back