• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

I just got Fuzion tires...My impressions.

These are not on my NSX, they are on my Mustang. First impression, having 482rwhp, is that they are great at hooking up with all that power. I really can't tell how they are in the turns because if I won't dare take a turn in it like I would with my NSX. The tread is nice and aggressive, and it's sticky as hell. With my NSX sitting right next to the Mustang in my garage, I pushed a finger into the Fuzion and it sunk in a little, and left a residue on my finger. The Khumo 712's on my NSX are rock hard.

I know that most of you are going to say why do I run such cheap tires on my cars. Well frankly, the roads down here are all very straight, and wet weather performance is more important to me. Plus I've never had problems with the Khumo's on my NSX, even at the track. I may get a set of the Fuzion's on my NSX when I need to replace the Khumo's, but for those of you looking for what seems like a great tire, at an affordable price, the Fuzion may be a competitor.

That is all! :biggrin:

Was this the Fuzion ZRi, or the Fuzion HRi?

In a Tire Rack test, the ZRi was rated above the Yokohama ES100, but below the Avon M500 (both of which are more expensive in the size that they tested). I know (first hand) that the ES100 is a great "bang for the buck" tire - very good performance at a kick-a** price. If the Fuzion ZRi gives even more performance for less money, which it sounds like it does - that's awesome!

nsxtasy said:
Was this the Fuzion ZRi, or the Fuzion HRi?

In a Tire Rack test, the ZRi was rated above the Yokohama ES100, but below the Avon M500 (both of which are more expensive in the size that they tested). I know (first hand) that the ES100 is a great "bang for the buck" tire - very good performance at a kick-a** price. If the Fuzion ZRi gives even more performance for less money, which it sounds like it does - that's awesome!

Yes, they are the ZRi. I'll have to put some more miles on them and get a better feel for how they handle.

The Fuzions got very, very favorable customer reviews at the Tire Rack. Many reviews were posted, and no one has anything but praise for them. It's amazing, cause this budget tire gets all these incredible reviews, and the total opposite was true for the NSX OEM Bridgestones. It's almost like you can't find a good review, from the ones posted. No review was from an NSX owner, but it still surprised me. People hate that tire. The only tire I've experienced in the NSX is the OEM Yokos in 15/16, but I thought it was a toss up compared to the Bridgestones. I guess I was wrong.

The Fuzions are extremely well priced, and I would be very interested to hear someone's impressions on the NSX.

KingsCourt said:
The Fuzions got very, very favorable customer reviews at the Tire Rack. Many reviews were posted, and no one has anything but praise for them.
Not true. While most of the 144 reports on the Fuzion ZRi are positive - as they tend to be on most of the tires on the Tire Rack website - it has a few negative reports as well, about as many (proportionally) as for the RE010.

Incidentally, this is true of most of the tires reviewed on their website. I think it's not an indication that this (or any) tire is bad, but rather, that people's expectations and priorities among various tire characteristics vary, and no tire is good at everything. That's why I find user reviews to be less informational than side-by-side comparison testing.

KingsCourt said:
It's almost like you can't find a good review, from the ones posted.
People hate that tire.
I don't understand why you say that. I don't understand at all. I looked over the 31 reviews of the Bridgestone RE010 on the Tire Rack website - you can find them here - and most folks like them a lot. A lot absolutely love them. Heck, 25 of the 31 reviews gave them a 7 or higher, and here are comments from four of the OTHER 6 reviews, the ones that gave them the LOWEST ratings: "Awsome." "Performance is of superior quality." "a fast wearing, corner griping, straight line snatching set of rubber I've seen in a long time." "Dry cornering is nice, especially in the mountains." These are among the people who liked the tires the LEAST (aside from the guy who had an accident when his rear tires were bald, and the guy who was using two of them mismatched to two other tires).

Of the few negative comments, the main objections are price or treadlife. Keep in mind that the Bridgestone RE010 was developed specifically for the NSX and the Integra Type R, and for specific design objectives (precise handling, good dry traction) without concern for others (treadlife, price).

KingsCourt said:
The only tire I've experienced in the NSX is the OEM Yokos in 15/16, but I thought it was a toss up compared to the Bridgestones. I guess I was wrong.
Based on what, a lot of positive ratings from people using the Bridgestones on cars other than the NSX? I don't see how you reached that conclusion.

Last edited:
Oops. I screwed up somewhere. Ken, when I read your post, I thought, did you read the same reviews that I did? After looking up the tire again on Tire Rack, I read the reviews, and they are definitely NOT the reviews that I read previously which prompted me to write the comments that I did. I don't know which tires the reviews I read were for, but they apparently were not for the OEM NSX Bridgestones. The reviews I remember reading (for who knows what tire) were overwhelmingly negative, and there were a whole lot more reviews.

I finally saw a direct TIRE RACK comparison for the Fuzions, and they definitely held their own, and them some, against the ES100. I would say that that's a pretty good endorsement for the Fuzions.

The reviews that I read were for the RE040s. Those reviews were overwhelmingly negative. You would have to read like 10 reviews to find someone who was happy. Switching back and forth, from tire to tire, got me confused, and I swore they were the reviews for the RE010s.

Sorry for the confusion.

Back