I love the tone my stock muff gives off under acceleration

I didn't realize you could hear a stock muffler inside the cabin? Maybe you are hearing the air filter??? I say, Comptech headers + no cats + Comptech Muffler = one wonderfully loud but dirty (from carbon deposits on rear bumper) car.

Last edited:
Yes exactly you can't hear it thats what so great about it! :smile:
quiet is good its civilized..if I hear one more civic drive by with its 200db "muffler" i think I'm gonna freekout! :eek:

But I think it would be nice to know our cars are running. Name one other sports car (exotic) that can't be heard from 50 feet away? 200db Civics is another story all together, and personally should not be allowed on the planet. However, I nicely tuned exhaust on an NSX is a very nice sound to (my) ears.

I wish we had a switch on the dash that had two positions: Civil and JGTC. That way, we could have the best of both worlds.

NSXCELERATE said:
I guess I love the stock sound cuz thats all ive heard so far :biggrin: so a taitec will be grreat :tongue:
You'll get to hear lot's of different exhaust at the Santa Monica get togethers. John (Anytime) produces the Anytime exhaust, I have the Comptech headers and exhaust. Plenty of others as well! :smile:

I am on the fence with this one. I like the fact that the OEM was real quiet, but I really like that mine now(Dali) is just a bit louder but has a decent growl when pushed.
It isn't overbearing or ricey to me.

Change of Exhaust and Headers is the best mod on our 94'

3.0 +Taitec Headers + Paddock Exhaust= HEY! :eek: What the hell is THAT! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Even a mechanical engineer I met at a Woodlands car show that had given me a 20 minute disertation about American V-8 vs European V-8's firing order and timing and the unique and distinct sound variations of each could not help but give a positive comment on the rumble emitted from what he had assumed was a lowly V-6.

The NSX has won several fans with her new note- not the least of which are my Dad and I. You can barely help but to run with the windows down, and one gear low to enjoy the sound amplification from the 4" tips out back.

Stock rocks, but the aftermarket (done right) is a class all it's own.

Philip

I'm trying to decide between the Taitec and the Comptech exhast. I'm also of the school that I don't want it to sound ricey, just good. Would you all say that the Comptech is a more mellow sound vs the Taitec (JTC Parralel)

lhpnsx said:
I'm trying to decide between the Taitec and the Comptech exhast. I'm also of the school that I don't want it to sound ricey, just good. Would you all say that the Comptech is a more mellow sound vs the Taitec (JTC Parralel)

I don't like loud exhaust myself, but have checked out the comptech and I don't think it is worth it. It is just a bit louder and according to the HP graph on the comptech site, it appears to lose HP and TQ up to about 5000 RPM comparing to the OEM.

Just my 2 cents.

What? Stock makes a noise??? I thought it was a suppressor! :p

The big problem with stock exhausts is when you're cruising with other NSXs that don't have stock -- nobody can hear you, and they *will* patronize you for it. :D

Just a brief moment to try to convince the powers that be that a good exhaust sound comparison would be an awesome addition to this website. SOS has a good one, but it doesn't have a Comptech and some others that are available.
Doesn't Comptech have two models of exhaust?? One louder than the other?? I thought I saw that in their latest catalog. Probably wrong, but please advise. I'm leaning toward Comptech I/H/E, but have never heard one except on the racing NSX at Pike's Peak Acura. Course, it screams, but I don't think mine would sound that good. Thanks.

TitaniumVtec said:
I wish we had a switch on the dash that had two positions: Civil and JGTC. That way, we could have the best of both worlds.

You could, if Apexi make one of these for us or if SOS could custome fabricate one:
http://www.apexi-usa.com/product_exhaust_detail.asp?id=251&pageNum=1

This thing works wonders, I have experienced other cars. Night and day difference.

Next best thing would be exhaust silencer, if you absolutely need stock quiet. IMHO the stock exhaust sounds like it has no balls. NSX is a sports car, not a Lexus.

nsxsupra...I don't mind noise, but as nis350 said, the comptech graph is not that impressive, so that's also bad. I guess I'm looking for a little more sports sound, but certainly don't want to lose performance. seems like the Taitec lw is the deal? what about the JTC vs the LW?

nsxsupra said:
You could, if Apexi make one of these for us or if SOS could custome fabricate one:
http://www.apexi-usa.com/product_exhaust_detail.asp?id=251&pageNum=1

This thing works wonders, I have experienced other cars. Night and day difference.

Or, for the budget minded, a hacksaw, some pipe clamps and
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/ItemBrowse/c-10101/s-10101/p-100000175986/mediaCode-ZX/appId-100000175986/Pr-p_CATENTRY_ID:100000175986 will do the job. This idea has been around since at least the Model T. :smile:

just saw sos makes a baffle now that fits in the end of the exaust on the tiatec lightweight reducing the sound when needed

to add in an opinion.. what about the ARK? over in the tech forum there are a couple happy campers with that rig...thoughts?

Do you all think that the LW or other Taitec will be annoying for an everyday driver?

Hey! my lexus V8 makes a really cool sound when my wife is drag racing every speed racer civic in town! Don't tell her its not a "sports car" :wink:

Back