• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I miss my NSX

i feel ya... mine is getting paint work and i was forced to drive my Z instead... rich people problems. lol. :biggrin:

yeah, real rich - LOL

When do you find the time to drive the Bentley? Still have the RR for taking your son to school? Im happy you turned in that old Ferrari 458 for the new spyder... I love the way you play bumper cars with Audi R8's... very cute indeed. Do you have any grey poop-on?? LOL

....sooooo....at what point do you either get your car back or sue the bastard?

Keep in mind Hennessy Motorsports became notorious for parting out customer cars (Vipers) in order to pay their bills and 'rob Peter to pay Paul'. You may want to make sure your car is still in one piece.

If his build requires new pistons, probably a delay from manufacturer. have had this same issue delaying engine builds in the past. Having the same problem currently even when trying to source pistons myself. By the way, I was at the shop on Friday and all looks good. I did see turbochargers on a shelf waiting for installation and an NSX on the lift with the turbo system installed but I am not sure if it was CURTSR car.

Having the same problem currently even when trying to source pistons myself. By the way, I was at the shop on Friday and all looks good. I did see turbochargers on a shelf waiting for installation and an NSX on the lift with the turbo system installed but I am not sure if it was CURTSR car.

Definately not mine. My motor is not out of the machine shop yet and my car is still at the old shop. Pretty sure that my build was a stopgap while yours was awaiting parts.

I hope that you are happy with the results when you are done and I hope that we are both done before Pikes Peak...

Definately not mine. My motor is not out of the machine shop yet and my car is still at the old shop. Pretty sure that my build was a stopgap while yours was awaiting parts.

I hope that you are happy with the results when you are done and I hope that we are both done before Pikes Peak...

I feel your pain. My engine is also at the machine shop. I doubt that yours was a stopgap since my car is actually in my garage because he needed room. Having been down the engine build before, the issues are always the same, machine shops and piston availability. Last time, it took over 6 months to get pistons as no one had 93 mm pistons for the NSX and then the machine shop made the cylinders too tight resulting in scoring of the pistons, required another trip to the shop and pistons, 6 months again, and now I am waiting for pistons again because of a blown head gasket and cylinder wall scoring. The prior engine rebuilds were with a different tuner/builder and 2 separate machine shops. You will also find that others have had issues with machine shops, makes the short block exchange program much more appealing although more expensive.

I doubt that yours was a stopgap since my car is actually in my garage because he needed room.

99.9999% sure that yours was the one that he dropped off at the owner's house on his way to pick-up mine. Hence stopgap. Think back to around T-Giving weekend...

So how much more time are u going to give him? This is dragging out kinda long, no? sux not being able to see your car sitting in the garage everyday. Worse when u cant drive it. Hope u get your back soon.

ps. I think we need to coordinate a track weekend, even though I'm now the slowest.

me - stock
Brian - lovefab 425 rwhp
Ray - 911 GT3 rs

sent from my crappy cell phone.

ps. I think we need to coordinate a track weekend, even though I'm now the slowest.

me - stock
Brian - lovefab 425 rwhp
Ray - 911 GT3 rs

sent from my crappy cell phone.

When is your next one? I am getting a catch can built and I am ready.

Last edited:
My 02 conversion took 4 months....

99.9999% sure that yours was the one that he dropped off at the owner's house on his way to pick-up mine. Hence stopgap. Think back to around T-Giving weekend...

Nope, My car was dropped off in January or Feb since it is at the current house and we moved in Jan. Enjoy the car and watch out for those 4.55 gears. Do a search and there was issue with those gears breaking. Find someone local and see if they want to swap for stock and go to Brian and see if he can get it done ASAP. What clutch did you finally use?

Enjoy the car and watch out for those 4.55 gears. Do a search and there was issue with those gears breaking. Find someone local and see if they want to swap for stock and go to Brian and see if he can get it done ASAP. What clutch did you finally use?

Thanks for the advice. The RPS installed by the PO was used again as Cody felt it was still serviceable. And you are exactly right, Brian stepped up. Not that Cody didn't try to be a stand up guy, he offered to R&R the job labor at no cost but I didn't think that was right. He did his job the way I asked him to - albeit at a rate slower than I had hoped -and further downstream something else broke.

Headed north soon with a great friend, his truck and enclosed trailer to bring my baby back.

Going to go get it this weekend!

LOL! Funny timing. My car may finally be on the ground and exiting the garage this weekend for the first time in around 7 months (man....October was a long time ago). Maybe we should have a party! :)

LOL! Funny timing. My car may finally be on the ground and exiting the garage this weekend for the first time in around 7 months (man....October was a long time ago). Maybe we should have a party! :)

Finish your rebuild thread then! Did that rear bumper beam work out?

Finish your rebuild thread then! Did that rear bumper beam work out?

I have to load the slew of photos so that I can finish it.

Yes, I was able to get another beam from a Prime member and put the car back together within days of receiving it. I sure did miss driving that car.

Back