• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I need advice on a NSX

Hello all. I am new and I am in need of some advice. I am looking to buy a nsx. I have found 2 in my area for sale. I NSX is a 91 with 68,000 red ,timing belt and water pump have been serviced, needs new tires and it is not in the snap ring range . It has been parked in storage for 2 years. The selling price is 28,000 and it is very clean, no dents or scratches. The 2nd NSX I'm looking at is a 95 T very clean, no dents or scatches,havn't seen any records yet it does have 132,000 miles on it.This vehicle is owned by a dealership manager. Both cars are 5spd, with AC. I will be doing a carfax on both and I would have my mechanix do a complete car check out. THe question is, if both check out great which one of the nsx is better the 91 with low miles or the 95T with higher miles..????????
Thanks

P.S. The 91 asking price is $27,000 - and the 95T is $29,750

They all have it.
needs new tires
Take off about $500 for that.
it is not in the snap ring range
It must be an early '91. I assume you have personally verified that by looking at the serial # of trans and not going on VIN#.
How about the window regualtors? Are they updated or need the fixes? That is a major issue also.
Does the seller have receipts for work done on 91? Don't take the word for it because you can't tell if the T belt has been done by just looking at it.
The 91 is a little lighter in weight due to reinforcments made to body to compensate for the Targa top. Softer suspension on the 95 too.
I would go with the 91. Lot less miles to contend with even though miles on these cars aren't a major concern if the maintenance has been done on them properly.
You may want to look here also
http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/faq.htm
Good luck and let us know what you get !!

Why was the '92 NSX in a storage unit for 2 years?? There has to be a story behind that.

Is the '95 NSX-T actually owned by the dealership manager, or is it a dealer owned car? Also, would it happen to be red in color? The reason I ask is that there used to be a guy on here named Eddie Whitman that had a '95 NSX-T that he put huge miles on and tracked all the time.

Do you have any pictures of either?

Advice

:cool: Thanks for for replys so far. FYI I am in southren Calif. The 91 NSX is owned by a doctor who stated he only used the car on long trips LA to Vegas and San Diego, he didn't use it for 2 years to busy. The 95T is owned by a non Acura sales manager in riverside ca.

Well if the doc is being honest then those are only highway miles which aren't as bad as around town miles.
Once again I say go with the 91.

You guys forgot to tell him about the power steering. The 91 doesn’t have it but the 95T does. Of course the 91 model is a better steer. So if that is a big issue for you in ,which it is for me, then go for the 91.

Go with the 91

I'd go with the the 91 because the 95 has the targa (more weight) and the 3.0L motor (not the 3.2L motor from 97+), so it will not be as fast as the 91 with the 3.0L motor. Lower miles also means less stuff is worn out.

I think it should depend on whether you really want the removable roof panel of the NSX-T. If you really want it, enough to pay the $4-8K premium over an otherwise-similar NSX fixed-roof coupe, then get it. If not, then don't.

There are lots more NSXs on the market, so that - just for example - if you wanted an NSX-T with less mileage, you can find one easily. It just won't be priced the same as a similar NSX Coupe.

Re: Advice

1Shadow4U said:
:cool: Thanks for for replys so far. FYI I am in southren Calif. The 91 NSX is owned by a doctor who stated he only used the car on long trips LA to Vegas and San Diego, he didn't use it for 2 years to busy. The 95T is owned by a non Acura sales manager in riverside ca.

Do you know how long he has had the '95 NSX-T?? Why is he selling? Wondering if he in running into problems or not?

Also, has the '91 NSX been serviced at all in those 2 years, or has it just sat?

It depends on what you are looking...both cars may have some issues. However, being in Cal, the Targa maybe more of use to you.

I would make sure that you check out both cars before making a decision.

You and check out the site for issues on both cars.

Bram

Advice

Thank you everyone for your input......Now I found 2 91 NSX with 38k miles each. Both are Blk on Blk ...One is for $33,000 the other is $31,000.:confused:

Re: Advice

1Shadow4U said:
Thank you everyone for your input......Now I found 2 91 NSX with 38k miles each. Both are Blk on Blk ...One is for $33,000 the other is $31,000.:confused:

And I bet if you keep looking, you'll find even more for sale....there is no shortage of NSXs available.

Figure out what you want first, and then search for that - it's my opinion that you are wasting your time if you don't know what you want.

Focusing on a particular car (NSX or NSX-T), a mileage range, and deciding what color you want would help you greatly.

Back