• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I need to remove rotor but about to give up!

Those screws are stubborn. I'm glad the impact worked for you. It's amazing how the right tool can make an almost impossible job easy.

Over the years I have gotten very good at removing these screws, here's what I do.

- use a 3/8 drive #3 phillips bit, put a 6" impact extension on it and hit this with a large hammer, once or twice is usually enough (I would like to note that i is generally bad practice to hit a tool with another tool...)

- I then use my 3/8 impact (not nearly at full power) to easily remove the screws (I've also used my makita cordless impact), works every time unless the screws are already partially stripped - then I drill them, which is actually really easy too.

then I drill them, which is actually really easy too.

easy-button~s800x800.jpg

drill.jpg

awesome_b_smiley_face_sticker-p217542148422325692tdcj_400.jpg

Last edited:
Those screws are stubborn. I'm glad the impact worked for you. It's amazing how the right tool can make an almost impossible job easy.

The impact did not even budge those darn things. I did not get them off. I will not be removing rotor at this time. Some other time when I get slotted rotors.

You mean a reverse drill bit? Maybe if heads were stripped but the whole thing is seized so it has to be drilled out. Another day.

If the head is still in good shape, I am confident you can get them out with my method, it will never fail if the head is not stripped.

You do need a fairly large hammer and you need to really hit it.

Back