• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I need your opinion guys

I'm looking to lower my car about 1 inch.This is mostly for looks only.My last NSX I tracked only twice with H&R springs only.The ride was'nt bad at all around town.My question is should I again use lowering springs Eibach and Bilstein shocks or should I step up to the plate and buy Tein RA coil overs. I need some feedback for someone whos had either.Again I will be doing this for looks only and drive the car on city streets.

Brody,
If it purely for looks only then just go with Eibach/OEM shock set up. That would be the cheapest way to go. It will lower your car about 1.25 inches. I've got this setup right now but since I am planning to track my car couple times a year, I now want to go with tein RA or koni/eibach.

I would go with eibach/koni or H&R/koni.. you do not need coilovers for street driving.. im against aftermarket springs/ OEM shock set up too because stock struts will 'blow' after a couple of years or even in 4 months depending on how new your stock struts are... i used stiffer aftermarket springs with stock struts and it only held up for 4months. now i replaced with koni struts.

If you're just going for Cosmetic purposes, I would just go with the Spring and shock combo. Much much cheaper. Or you can just use a lower perch on your setup and keep stock spring rate

s14silvia said:
im against aftermarket springs/ OEM shock set up too because stock struts will 'blow' after a couple of years or even in 4 months depending on how new your stock struts are...

Nonsense. They ought to last just as long as they would with the stock springs.

s14silvia said:
i used stiffer aftermarket springs with stock struts and it only held up for 4months.

How do you know your stock shocks wouldn't have failed at that point, even with the stock springs?

From what I've seen, quite a few shocks are worn and ready for replacement before their owners are aware of it. Most likely, the installation of new springs simply resulted in you paying more attention to the condition and performance of your shocks.

Brody said:
I'm looking to lower my car about 1 inch.This is mostly for looks only.My last NSX I tracked only twice with H&R springs only.The ride was'nt bad at all around town.My question is should I again use lowering springs Eibach and Bilstein shocks or should I step up to the plate and buy Tein RA coil overs. I need some feedback for someone whos had either.Again I will be doing this for looks only and drive the car on city streets.
I too am looking to lower about 1" - 1.5". But I have a few concerns - handling, ride comfort and, camber. How much will suspension mods affect these 3 factors? Has anyone used the JRZ Professional Adjustable Suspension from ACR? Are they worth the $3,500 - $4,500.00?

Thanks for your input guys. I'm most likely to stick with my first choice of Eibach and Bilstein shocks.This will cost half of what the Tein kit costs.
I've heard the Koni's are a rough ride even when set on the softest setting.

Back