• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I really love my NSX

Was out of town on business and then on vacation, so hadn't driven her in about 3 weeks (outside of moving her out of the garage) - so got back and took her for a "spirited" drive for 30 minutes or so this morning -- what a GREAT automobile - what a fantastic car Honda designed!! And, of course, had the many "thumbs up" from others that know what a fantastic car this is. Sometimes when the car is in absentia for no reason of your own, and you get back to her, it just sends your soul afire when you take her out on the road. Nothing like it (that I've experienced over 40 or so cars I've owned). Cheers All!

sometimes I think... "what am I doing driving such an old car??"

then there are moments like this wknd as I was driving up from San Diego... I wished I was in my NSX. downshifting into 3rd as you see an open lane cruising thru Pendleton > San Clemente... and hearing the exhaust open up! priceless.

I was driving the BRZ at the time.

Bro.. I have the same problem... not only me but my friends ask me "what are you doing keeping an old car?"
I tell them "it's always been my dream car"

another thing about this car.. I have a huge staring problem..
I've owned it for 3 years and I go outside just to check it out sometimes.

Have had mine for about 8 months... with 4 being winter so that doesnt count as much...

I find every single time I drive my car... it is "an event"... from removing the cover.. a quick feather duster job.... to firing it up and warming it a bit... to the route I'm going to take... to the always present people who either want to ask what it is... or... want to tell me they KNOW what it is.. it's a big deal ride
I don't power shift it
I don't beat it
I don't speed
I don't (rarely, meaning really rarely) hit the v tec
I simply cruise .... and soak up the stares!!! and the outrageous feeling of driving a 41,000 mile /18 year old car that feels NEW.

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE NOT YET DONE SO.... GET AN EXHAUST!!!! SIMPLY CHANGES THE CAR!!..... just in case someone was in a coma and not already staring in your direction... they will now!!!

I've had a string of 911's...... NOTHING make me feel like this car does... it's simply the best.... and a super bargin thrill ride

I do. I would do my NSX every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Sometimes we are all alone at the car wash and... Sometimes I ride her while other people watch and sometimes...

Lol. Enjoy those 5 times a day just like the teenage years!

"All night long *all night* *all night* *all night*... All night long *all night*...."

Was driving to work this morning and a guy in a beautiful Ferrari 599 GTB pulls up to me at a light and rolls down his window to ask questions about the car. We do this for about three or four lights. At the last light he finally says to me "I've hear nothing but good things about the NSX". My response to him "It's all true".

This is the biggest love fest I've ever had with a vehicle....if I could add a Lambo Muira P400s I would be ready to call it quits...

First day driving my new NSX. I must have drove it around ALL DAY, looking for excuses to take it places. Took my mom out to get sugar from the store in Winchester, took a cute friend out to dinner and yogurt in Reston, drove my roommate after he saw it and demanded a ride to go get gas of course. I am lovin this thing!!!

we all feel the same way but not driving for weeks at a time I would curl up and die. I am building a custome speaker box for a 1970 Mercedes in my shop last night had wood sticking out my trunk
2 kids say man nice car, I was like yes it is thank you, I use mine like a work truck they laughed

Like many of you here, I have an obsession with the car. I have owned it for 12 years and can still say I love every moment I drive it. I just got it out of a 2 year storage, yes I know what your thinking but with selling my old house, 7 months building a new one, having a new little one and starting a new business adventure it was just the easiest thing to do as I needed to get some long term maintenance done before I got out and drove it. Now that it is out I have been driving it 2-3 days a week and still cant believe I went 2 years without it. Look at the amount of owners who sell there car to move on to more HP or more Exotic to just be back in a year, it goes a long way what this says about the car and design, even 21 years old. I got a text last week from a friend with this picture and he says it was a co worker of his that was showing him an NSX he saw today, then goes on about how amazing a car it is and hopes one day to have one, then had to take a picture of his MINI next to it, he just laughed.....nsx.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

The "mini" doesnt look so mini anymore does it :smile:

Last edited:
I am approaching 2 years of ownership and I had my first disheartening moment of ownership and that was when I was going to pick up my car after getting a new clutch and motor mounts installed just to find out that it needs a new transmission. I just wanted to drive my car and was so close and it was snatched away from me. Hopefully the car will be done by the end of next week as it has been 2 weeks since I last drove it and miss the feeling of it. BMW lied when they say the ultimate driving machine. I have been driving my wife's BMW for two weeks now and I don't see what is so great about it. Its quieter than mine by a lot, has a better sound system and that is about it so I would have to say the NSX is the ultimate driving machine and BMW is false advertising.

I bought my 2000 nsx-t for my 30th birthday in 2003. I remember having tears in my eyes seeing it on the skid sitting out on the top level of the truck. It looked totally badass from the parking lot lighting!! There was a crowd around as i exited to the truck stop across form gateway international racetrack, to pick it up. I moved to Austin in 2009 and my car stayed in St.louis from 2007-2009. As i drove it back after leaving in great hands with a local nsxer, it was a unspeakable feeling of excitement the whole 13hr drive. After WW kits, widebody kits and buying most everything vendors were selling i believed it didn't excite me anymore and wanted something bigger for my 40th birthday(uh...murci roadster). But EVERYTIME i turn the key, hear the cantrell exhaust or pride v2 BARK, then RUMBLE and watch my neighbors stop at the driveway and glare at me GLARING at the car, i get giddy all over again. My 10 years of ownership have been blissful and trouble free. Even though the Murci roadster is on my IMMEDIATE list of unnecessary stuff to buy, im POSITIVE i'll never let my silverstone go. Im excited about all the stuff i need to put on for its makeover. The nsx gives me 100% FEEL of an exotic, 60% of the performance of most higher priced exotics and 90% LESS headaches. Starts, runs good, sounds good and feels good.............and after my 90k service at 57k miles it will be that way for another 10 years.

IMG_7458_59_60_tonemapped_zps74dd4011.jpg
[/URL]

Drove the NSX last night warm it up a bit and get some gas, fun car for sure! What's better than one NSX is seeing two in the garage, can you guess which one is supercharged?

I love the NSX so much that I told my wife I want an Imola DD and she gave me the eyes treatment...haha

........"I love my nsx"...........more than my unicorn..............

Great post. Maybe one day ... *sigh*

I bought my 2000 nsx-t for my 30th birthday in 2003. I remember having tears in my eyes seeing it on the skid sitting out on the top level of the truck. It looked totally badass from the parking lot lighting!! There was a crowd around as i exited to the truck stop across form gateway international racetrack, to pick it up. I moved to Austin in 2009 and my car stayed in St.louis from 2007-2009. As i drove it back after leaving in great hands with a local nsxer, it was a unspeakable feeling of excitement the whole 13hr drive. After WW kits, widebody kits and buying most everything vendors were selling i believed it didn't excite me anymore and wanted something bigger for my 40th birthday(uh...murci roadster). But EVERYTIME i turn the key, hear the cantrell exhaust or pride v2 BARK, then RUMBLE and watch my neighbors stop at the driveway and glare at me GLARING at the car, i get giddy all over again. My 10 years of ownership have been blissful and trouble free. Even though the Murci roadster is on my IMMEDIATE list of unnecessary stuff to buy, im POSITIVE i'll never let my silverstone go. Im excited about all the stuff i need to put on for its makeover. The nsx gives me 100% FEEL of an exotic, 60% of the performance of most higher priced exotics and 90% LESS headaches. Starts, runs good, sounds good and feels good.............and after my 90k service at 57k miles it will be that way for another 10 years.

IMG_7458_59_60_tonemapped_zps74dd4011.jpg
[/URL]

- - - Updated - - -

left one supercharged.

Drove the NSX last night warm it up a bit and get some gas, fun car for sure! What's better than one NSX is seeing two in the garage, can you guess which one is supercharged?

I love the NSX so much that I told my wife I want an Imola DD and she gave me the eyes treatment...haha

"If i'm sick... KILL ME NOW BECAUSE I DON'T WANT THE CURE!"

its a very slow death........almost 18 years now for me and my condition never seems to improve......

Last edited:
Well I have been with out my car for 3 weeks now and finally was able to pick it up after getting a major service done on it and it was love at first sight. My love affair with my car started up all over again and we are in the romance stage again.

I love my car too.
I have my Nsx for 4 years and it is the longest I have ever own the same car so far. I always thought to myself, if I buy a 458 and have a McClerran, and only have two garage space, I will leave the 458 outside. Lol

You're gonna let me drive the 458 right? hehe

Great question Hugo.

I enjoy the car more with boost but that's because I do a lot of street driving with it. It's a hoot to drive even on just 7lbs of boost.

As a track car the boost is a limitation because I'm always worrying about it - it's sort of my personality to worry about my engine going kaboom though. Temps go up all over the place.

Turbo vs SC vs NA engine build - That's a fun discussion :smile:

NA build is just pure RAW but any boost application is so fun. ahh, the good 'ol days. hope you two are doing well! gotta hang soon!

Last edited:
I just recent got my nsx early of this summer. I love it! I enjoyed spending that 6hrs or so just cleaning and detailing it. I find it very mind relaxing. My wife just don't understand.

I just recent got my nsx early of this summer. I love it! I enjoyed spending that 6hrs or so just cleaning and detailing it. I find it very mind relaxing. My wife just don't understand.

good for you..your wife should be happy....she knows were you are:wink: were in Pa are you?

Back