• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I wonder how many people think we're a**holes while driving...

Ive been getting random brake checks (im pretty sure that's what they are) pretty commonly and ive been confused as why for a while when it has happened with even 5 car lengths between cars (i dont drive close because it gives me anxiety not to see what may be coming in the road underneath the car in front of me). It finally hit me that possibly its because the genius people around here aren't used to lower cars behind them and they think we're closer than we are. Ive had many low vehicles and my only guess why it's happening with the nsx is bc it's black instead of a usual exotic/bright color. So after thinking about it, it made me wonder if these drivers jus think we're a**holes tailgating them and everyone else. Does this happen to anyone else?

I haven't experienced this but always try to drive defensively and with the headlights turned on specially when driving the NSX due to it being a low profile car.

+1. Even though it may seem like other drivers are trying to egg you on by getting close etc...it has been my experience that many times they are simply trying to get a closer look. I'm sure some of us are a-holes though. Ha.

Usually I see people move over so I can pass them and they can oggle the car. Then they move back over and tailgate me.

This has happened more than I care to remember. That's when I see their iphone pointing at me in my rearview.:rolleyes:
Usually I see people move over so I can pass them and they can oggle the car. Then they move back over and tailgate me.

I've noticed this a lot too. I would imagine having an exotic behind you is a bit intimidating as well. I know if someone drove up behind me in a Bugatti I'd let him through.

If you drive like a crazy ahole most regular folks get out of your way....those that don't need to be humiliated by your mad skilzzzz

One of the good points about daytime running lights in Canada is my black NSX shows up better in the rear view mirrors.

DSC02612.jpg

Not sure about tailgating (I don't) but what I find is that people can't see me so I drive defensively. When I am anywhere near a large truck (on highway) I will find a way not to be between those large rear wheels. :eek:

That aside, I get plenty of honks (one yesterday during commute) and thumbs up. Weird as that was not an expected response when I bought it. My wife had better stay alert.:wink:

I've noticed this a lot too. I would imagine having an exotic behind you is a bit intimidating as well. I know if someone drove up behind me in a Bugatti I'd let him through.
I love that the nsx was just compared to a bug

I do not get brake checks, but I do get the tail gating. I also get random people in all sorts of cars pacing me or trying to race me.

NEVER!!!!

Where do you live?

Are you sure it's just in your imagination? I receive nothing but positive vibes on the street, never what you said or even a street race, etc.

People just roll down windows to ask "how fast", "how much" and giving kudos to the sweet ride. This is of course in CA where exotics are at every corner and no one cares if you have money because every other guy here is richer than you.

I can understand people want to race but why would anyone randomly brake check you??? Unless you follow them closely or swerve or drive like a basic a$$ hole. If I see someone driving dangerously or cut me off when I'm with my family in our SUV's you can bet I will brake check you if you risk my livelihood. Not saying you do but my first thought is you must be doing something to provoke....?

Last edited:
I get tailgated all the time but don't tailgate anyone else. I actually drive much farther back than I would in any other car... doesn't anyone else hate rockchips?

I usually see the brake check with the larger SUVs. I can be 4 car lengths away. But the NSX is so low that even at 4 lengths all that they can see in their mirror is the top of my car. I sat in my neighbor's Tahoe with my car parked 4 lengths behind and all I could see was the bottom of the windshield up. Driving an NSX in traffic is like riding a motorcycle in traffic. We are hard to see. So I'm constantly trying to anticipate trouble just as if I were on a bike. And I always drive with my lights on.

the brake check 95% of the time is people trying to see what your car is,if you would notice ,the brake lights come on ,but, the car or suv does not slow abruptly,its very light,a brake check is usually a harder braking!

Back