• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

If there is no new NSX will you trade up?

If there won't be a new NSX would you trade up to the last year model you can afford. Some might exclude the 02' make-over.

The reason I'm asking is that some of you might finally come off those low milage 97'-00'NSX-T you have tucked away to get a 01' model.

Originally posted by Marvin Lee:
If there won't be a new NSX would you trade up to the last year model you can afford. Some might exclude the 02' make-over.

The reason I'm asking is that some of you might finally come off those low milage 97'-00'NSX-T you have tucked away to get a 01' model.

i just recently sold my 98-t with 12k miles.... would i trade up for a 2000 or 2001 model?? why bother? there is not much difference in them, besides i dont like the newer preforated leather, i like the older style letter better. the preforated letter after sitting on them for awhile will bump up. now to trade up to an 02 hmmm maybe.... i just wish the newer model had more HP like another 50 or so... but i guess that's what everyone has been wishing and never materialized. oh well, maybe 2004?
smile.gif

I probably won't ever sell mine if there is no new NSX. I'd probably look for a used Ferrari 360 some day.

Originally posted by JimK:
I probably won't ever sell mine if there is no new NSX. I'd probably look for a used Ferrari 360 some day.

Smart man Jim, i dont think ill ever get rid of the Nsx.

------------------
91 Acura Nsx
99 360 Modena
03 Mercedes Sl500
02 lexus Lx470

I think if anyone had the desire and means to trade to the 02/03 they would just do it regardless of what may be coming.

That's what I did. The new look continued to grow on me (especially the more I saw it in person) and I decided that I *really* like the blue, so I traded my 98 for an 03. If a killer new NSX were to come out and everything was ok financially, I'd just trade the 03 for that.

Most likely trade up to a 97-01 in the next few years. 400hp(via sprchgr), 0-60 in low 4s, and high 12s in 1/4 mi are plenty fast for my blood. Still no interest in 02+ cannot get over that front end... flip up may be 80s style, but IMO is the way NSX was meant to be and looks best doing it.

It's interesting how some spend like 10k to do a conversion to the 02 look.

Even further back, people have changed the rims, front spoiler, painted top to match, 6-speed conversion on 91-96.

It's a balance between whats fincially cost effective vs. confort with what you already have. Me, I like the 97 but with the 96 grey rims but i also like the rear of the 02. What to do? Well i thought instead of doing all that, just wait and see if the new one comes out. If not, why spend all that money to make it look like that when I can just go get a nice used 360 for about the same price. The one thing i can't stand about the 360 is the interior...make it look like the nsx interior i.e. cotpit look and it'll be perfect.

Originally posted by nsxtacey:
Me, I like the 97 but with the 96 grey rims but i also like the rear of the 02. What to do?

I'm sure that if you have a '97+, you can find an owner of a '94-96 who would be more than happy to switch wheels/tires with you and it won't cost you a dime.

Originally posted by nsxtacey:
why spend all that money to make it look like that when I can just go get a nice used 360 for about the same price.

No, you can't, Stacey. Sounds like you haven't priced used 360s...

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 20 March 2003).]

Back