• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Important Marketplace forum change

Effective immediately the Marketplace forums for classified ads (NSXs For Sale, NSX Parts For Sale, NSXs Wanted, NSX Parts Wanted) are "listing only." Nobody but the original poster can reply to an ad. The rule about not "bumping" ads more frequently than every 30 days is still in effect - if it has been less than 30 days, edit your previous post!

SELLERS: Make sure you provide sufficiently detailed information in your ad so you are not overwhelmed with 50 people asking you the same thing. Also make sure to provide good contact information (preferably more than one method).

BUYERS: Contact sellers directly with questions or to make a deal. This means you need to contact them using the e-mail or PM function (click on their user name) if they have those turned on, or use the contact method specified in the ad.

For now ads must still be approved by a moderator before they will be listed. The next step will be to either switch to a dedicated classified ad system or to use custom forms to post ads. At that point it is my hope to change the system so ads post immediatly. We will see.

Thanks for the quick reply and explanation; I feel you provide a great service and are doing a WONDERFUL job. I will continue to support your efforts and Prime with a yearly donation.

While I understand your reasons for doing this, ultimately I think it's a bad idea. Being able to post was nice to ask questions and let other possibly more knowledgable members let you know if the seller's answers were bs or not. With everything taking place in PMs and emails I think there will be more scamming and misdirection. The seller will have an easier time of getting rid of an incorrect or undesirable part without this "interference".

I think with this in place, it becomes too much like ebay. Even with the trader rating, it's taking away from the more personal feel of the For Sale forum.

Phil.

The change was to significantly reduce the moderation burden. The ultimate goal is to reduce it even further, as noted below.

NSX Prime said:
The next step will be to either switch to a dedicated classified ad system or to use custom forms to post ads. At that point it is my hope to change the system so ads post immediatly. We will see.

ANYTIME said:
The change was to significantly reduce the moderation burden. The ultimate goal is to reduce it even further, as noted below.

I understand that. I was just wondering if it was for those reasons regardless of any other effects.

thanks you let us know because i thought i was kicked out from that part of the site
MERRY CRISTMAS everybody
GOD BLESS U AND YOUR FAMYLIES

Ruined 2 said:
I understand that. I was just wondering if it was for those reasons regardless of any other effects.

I did not make the change without regard to the consequences. I just do not think there will be signifigant negative side-effects as a result of this change. If someone is aware that an ad is misleading or someone is misrepresenting a part they can report it to the moderators for a closer review.

Hello why is it that I'm not able to reply to post? I never tried to change anyones ad. Can you please fix this problem. I have send 3 emails already reguarding this matter. I would appreciate some explanation.

Thank you

Sammy

Hello why is it that I'm not able to reply to post? I never tried to change anyones ad. Can you please fix this problem. I have send 3 emails already reguarding this matter. I would appreciate some explanation.

Thank you

Sammy

Hi Sammy,

I have three 3-mails from you in my gmail account. The first is asking how to list something for sale. I replied with a link to the instructions and rules for using the Marketplace forums.

The other two are both asking why you are not able to reply to other people's posts in the Marketplace. I responded to both of those e-mails with a link to this thread explaining the change.

A week or two ago I also updated the message that is displayed when you try to reply in a forum where it is not allowed to explicitly note the change to the Marketplace forums (it even includes a link to this thread):

attachment.php

You then posted the question again in this thread, and also created a new thread (which I have since deleted) asking the same question yet again.

I am not sure what else I can do to explain it. Please try to read the information available before asking the same question over and over. It will save everybody, including you, time and frustration. Thanks.

Attachments

• nopermission_loggedin.jpg
    nopermission_loggedin.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 3,244
As someone who has been looking for the right NSX for a while, I am disappointed in this change. I value greatly the input from experienced NSX Prime members and other hopeful owners in the for sale forum!

As someone who has been looking for the right NSX for a while, I am disappointed in this change. I value greatly the input from experienced NSX Prime members and other hopeful owners in the for sale forum!

I believe you may have misunderstood the nature of the change. "Input" messages (i.e. "your car is overpriced" or "that turbo kit rules!" or "those wheels are worth twice what you are asking") were not generally allowed before.

What was allowed were buyer/seller communications. See this thread for an example: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75155

If there is a situation where there is a serious issue, such as an item or car being misrepesented, the moderators can still be notified via Report Post function and then they (or I) will be able to look into it more deeply.

If you have questions about a specific NSX for sale, you can get input from members by posting an inquiry here: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30

The strictest forum I have ever posted too.

Good luck in the change. Alot of qualified NSXer's comments will be missing.

You are regulating based on bad people not on good people.

Your site...your choice.

Good Job Prime !!!

This will inhibit crack comments from opinionated book worms and IT's doing nothing but sit at their computers, who can't change their own oil, much less have any technical knowlege on a NSX, not inteligent feedback.

I don't agree. It's nice as a buyer to know were you are in line if trying to buy an item. I have responded to many for sale posts only to get no reply or sorry sold a couple days later. I'd like to see "I'll take it".

Also just so I understand, why are the for sale post regulated before they are posted? Seems like a lot of work for the mod and just slows everything down.:confused:

I don't agree. It's nice as a buyer to know were you are in line if trying to buy an item. I have responded to many for sale posts only to get no reply or sorry sold a couple days later. I'd like to see "I'll take it".

Also just so I understand, why are the for sale post regulated before they are posted? Seems like a lot of work for the mod and just slows everything down.:confused:

I stopped trying to figure out Prime rules for marketplace for a while and because they have no logic, i only spend my time with the Vendors one...don't even go see the other ones...
i think here, we as a community, is a little different than the commom classifieds section in a newspaper....but thats just me :rolleyes:

as someone already said... "you're forum...you're rules"

At that point it is my hope to change the system so ads post immediatly. We will see.

I hope so. That is the reason most of my items for sale (car cover, wheels, stock head unit) go up for sale on different boards, or unfortunately on eBay. I know the mods are VERY busy, and I'm not knocking anybody for it, but sometimes posts take over a week to show up, and sometimes even two weeks. I'm an 'instant gratification' kinda guy, and if I want to get rid of something, I want to get rid of it now, not wait a couple weeks for someone to approve my ad.

I also believe that feedback and QnA are a must for classified ads, or you run the risk of having higher amounts of fraud. Then eventually you will have nothing but a few kids selling junk parts on your board. I understand your reasoning for not allowing the posts on 'For Sale' items, but I think in allowing the posts/responses, the benefits out weigh the negative aspects...

i seriously think something needs to be done soon about the turnaround time for items listed for sale. it's approaching summer and i know alot of people are posting items for sale and i have money to spend on mods but being that i have to wait two weeks(as i have been since the last fresh posts got put up) i get frustrated and go search other places online where-as i may have been able to find a good deal here. just my .02:wink:
Des/

Back