• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Insane Audi R8...

I love that car....of course almost all that stuff would have to come out.
Yeah, I agree -- I wonder how much weight all that electronics adds?

The R8's a rockin' car, but I'd prefer to keep it lean and mean. That thing's a jukebox on wheels.

No thanks!

Dood, its a R8 - what the heck do you need 4 GPS units, 2 RD's and a police scanner for? It really isn't THAT fast.

I bet he needs all that stuff cause he's a some high end drug dealer. :cool: So he wants to stay as stealthy and under the radar as possible.

No thanks!

Dood, its a R8 - what the heck do you need 4 GPS units, 2 RD's and a police scanner for? It really isn't THAT fast.

My guess is the owner is preparing a cross country record attempt ala 32 Hours 7 Minutes.

Search internet-

"Alex Roy"

"The Driver"

"32 Hours 7 minutes" a film based on the US Express transcontinental race from the early 80's

You can find the Trailer Here

Basically what you will find is information on well prepared, highly documented transcontinental speed record runs. Alex wrote a book, and is producing the film on the subject. He is the current record holder posting a transcon time of 31 hours 4 minutes in an E46 M5. The run is documented in both the book, and the upcoming film.

I am guessing the mysterious off camera owner is looking to break Alex Roy's record using this R8. Due to the outlaw nature of the record it is impossible to make a claim publicly until a year has passed due to statutes of limitation regarding speed law enforcement.

He may have already done it.

Philip

Last edited:
I bet he needs all that stuff cause he's a some high end drug dealer. :cool: So he wants to stay as stealthy and under the radar as possible.

Cause driving an R8 wouldn't give away any of the stealthiness....That thing is just weird...I mean it's nice...but way too over the top

Cause driving an R8 wouldn't give away any of the stealthiness....That thing is just weird...I mean it's nice...but way too over the top

:biggrin:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DAVID+HASSELHOFF+Out+Looking+Attention+sYZk7YnwDtxl.jpg
    DAVID+HASSELHOFF+Out+Looking+Attention+sYZk7YnwDtxl.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 421
  • DAVID+HASSELHOFF+Out+Looking+Attention+T9qJKnrzz7El.jpg
    DAVID+HASSELHOFF+Out+Looking+Attention+T9qJKnrzz7El.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 426
  • DAVID+HASSELHOFF+Out+Looking+Attention+tPJMlMMTEDxl.jpg
    DAVID+HASSELHOFF+Out+Looking+Attention+tPJMlMMTEDxl.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 428
32 hours is bad ass!
It too me that long to get from work to home in a snow storm :)

2,776 mi – about 1 day 17 hours (41 hours) according to google

32 hours calculates to about 87mph on a straight drive.

Consider an overestimated stop every 200 miles for fuel for an average of 6 minutes each (buying snacks and munchies while at the pump to eat while driving - since speeding is already dangerous).

14x6 is about 100 minutes rounded to 120 to make an even 2 hours)

32-2 hours = 30 hours over 2776 miles which is only about 93 mph average (assuming there are no other stops with no sleep)

If someone finds 1 day out of a year which has the least average traffic while still having safe weather conditions for high speed, it can probably take less than a day to do the whole trip (115mph average is what's needed for a 24 hour run).

I was just curious with how fast that run was so I calculated it out with estimates for everyone. :smile:

Feel free to alter my calculations with any other theoretical delays and such.

pointless, with 80 grand in gadgets and unsafe features such as black out tails just pay for the dumb tickets. This is just flash no difference in that and this.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NLyMJPlSRW4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NLyMJPlSRW4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

speaking of driving accross the country record, i would take an m5(200+mph) with a huge fuel cell in the trunk, extra 20-40 gallons???(dunno how big you could fit in the trunk) all blacked out, maybe play around with some radar absorbing material(hit up the govt for some b2 bomber paint:tongue::tongue:)

but fuel cell first and formost to minimize the stops

Back