• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Instrument Cluster Rings

Here's mine installed. Thanks again Stacy!!

Here’s my input to the thread….

The dash HAS to come out to replace the rings, as the original ‘rings’ are mounted to the rear of the gauge face-plate.

Here’s the plate removed

and with the ‘rings’ popped off

the outer small ring pairs came out easily, but the large speedo/rev counter edges were more difficult. There has been talk of glue, and heat, but I found most of the fixings were of the pin-through-hole-and-pin-melted type, with just a couple of dots of glue on the flat sections at the top of the speedo/rev counter.

I placed the gauge face-plate face down on a hard clean flat surface, and using a wide screw driver pressed down on the face-plate around the edge of the ‘ring’, letting the flat surface push the ring back flush, with a satisfying click as the fixing lets go! You can’t go mad as the ‘rings’ are about 1mm proud of the face plate, so the faceplate can only move 1mm before it hits the hard surface!

Hope that helps!

Anyway, here’s the before and after! Looks great!

thanks Stacey!

Damn that looks good - very tempting!

OK guys.....my vendor application has been approved!

Science of Speed was selling these for me over the last few years and they have decided to move on....thanks to the for being such a great vendor of this community!But what I have is some left over stock of machined finish Instrument Cluster rings ready to go! Because of such a cheap price and to make things simple on my end....You will need your own instructions to pull the instrument cluster and a few drops of adhesive to hold the rings in place.

All orders received by each Friday will be shipped on Monday or Tuesday,of the following week, while the remaining stock lasts.8 sets being shipped out tomorrow!
The price is $115.00,that includes shipping(lower 48 states) and paypal fees.The rings have never sold for this low of a price so don't miss out because once these are gone,that's it! With over 600 sets sold over the years...they have proven to be a popular addition to many NSX's!
The rings are sitting in Tempe Az,as we speak,I have decided to use US postal service to ship them and it will require a signature to receive......

I will be accepting paypal...so please PM me for that info...

Cheers,

Stacy

View attachment 104679

View attachment 104680

Hi another order for the UK....I have just PM'd you

So we prepped the next few sets and they are ready to ship for anyone interested! I also received a payment from someone who did't leave their shipping info(have their paypal email).......so I sent the email,if you didn't get it and read this...hit me up via a PM and please confirm that info!

Stacy

Last edited:
We just installed these, might I recommend making the smaller rings slightly larger as they would fall out and not hold themselves into the face as well as the larger rings would.

We just installed these, might I recommend making the smaller rings slightly larger as they would fall out and not hold themselves into the face as well as the larger rings would.

Thanks for the recommendation but....
I tried the rings in about 5 different clusters before going ahead with the production and found that not all the cluster surrounds are exactly the same(being plastic).So we took a happy medium,which is why I recommend using a few small drops of adhesive(like silicone) on the back side(for a solid hold).Over 600 sets sold over the years and no issues.....
These are the last few sets that will ever be made and once gone.....that's it!

Cheers,

Stacy

Last edited:
Thanks for the Instant / Fast Shipping Stacy!
All Received in Perfect Condition 2 days after
ordering from you! Quality Product! Will also
post pics after Install.... Hopefully Soon!

wmnsc5.jpg

here is a night shot on mine. Took me 15 minutes to remove all the panels and installed. Took me longer putting the panels back. lol. A dab of super glue on each side will hold it in place for good.

How do you open the cluster up to put these in? Must be quite an operation to do...

it's easy. i believe 6 screws and it's open. Like I said in the earlier post, it took me about 15 minutes to take the panels out, have the cluster opened up, and installed the rings.

Back