• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

insurance rate for nsx

hey guys, i was wondering what the insurace cost is for an early model nsx (91-93). I'm currently paying $1600 for 05' ml350, 05' civic lx, 03' pathfinder, and 98' 4runner. im preping myself to see how much its gonna cost me in the long run and stuff. I'd prob be selling my pathfinder in part to finance the awesomeness of the nsx.

Please don't give me crap about if u have to ask then dont u cant afford it.

Oh, also how is the maintenance on the nsx, ive read a lot on this forum but the only problem ive ever heard of is the snap ring range. considering a 16 yr old car, is there any maintenance issues that reoccur?

I just paid $684 for 6 months, just for the NSX. And I'm in Las Vegas, from what I hear, rates in Las Vegas are a little higher than the national average...

Hope that helps...

Levi

holy cow!! I talked to one of my friends who just started in the insurance game and she told me that the nsx is obviously considered a 'pleasure car' and that it would be expensive if not linked with another car on the insurance policy. but yikes! thanks for the info. any one else care to chime in

I pay about $300 for six months for a 96 NSX-T though GEICO. Check them out.

:biggrin:

Please don't give me crap about if u have to ask then dont u cant afford it.

I don't think anyone is going to give you cr@p about "if you have to ask, you can't afford it".

However, some of us might give you cr@p about "if you have to ask about insurance (and maintenance) costs, then obviously you didn't use the search". :wink:

holy cow!! I talked to one of my friends who just started in the insurance game and she told me that the nsx is obviously considered a 'pleasure car' and that it would be expensive if not linked with another car on the insurance policy. but yikes! thanks for the info. any one else care to chime in

I didn't think I was paying too much. Oh yeah, other relavant info, I use State Farm, I'm 33, and my NSX is a 92, and my rate is actually discounted since I have multiple cars, and other insurance products with them. The most I ever paid for insurance was a little over $300 a month, for a 97 Eclipse GS, back when I was in my early to mid 20's. Now that was expensive...

I pay about $300 for six months for a 96 NSX-T though GEICO. Check them out.

:biggrin:

Man, last time I called Geico, their rates were higher for me. Perhaps it's time I shop around for other insurance companies. That's an awesome rate...

Levi

Very easy, just log on to one of the insurance company online and get a quote!!!

You know why? The rates are different all over the country.

If you have multiple cars, it shouldn't be any higher than it is. It also depends on your insurance company and what you desire as a coverage. Like how often your going to drive it, if you have a garage, security, what year nsx and etc. Everyone's ins. is different. Just make sure you tell the ins. company its not your primary daily driver although it will be. :smile:

Back