• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Insurance Recommendations????

I use USAA for all of my insurance needs, and they are a great company, and have generally been reasonable, but I just got my renewals and my NSX insurance ($1000 ded.) has skyrocketed to $2,400 per year. This includes all the multi car/house discounts. We've had massive hail storms the last few years here in Colorado, and I'm guessing that is the reason for the major increases in premium costs.

Just would like to hear recommendations from some of you out there what companies you are using and what you are paying for premiums? I would likely keep USAA for most of my insurance, but maybe there is a better deal out there for the NSX by itself? Thanks.......

That is cheap. I have USAA and when I had my NC1 I was paying $4800yr. I have very high limits and a low deductible. However palm beach county does have some of the highest rates in the country. Even my malpractice insurance is higher than what I know people pay in NYC.

Definitely shop around, for my 4 cars, my annual premium with a $1,000 deductible is less than $4,000 p/year, through Travelers. While I don't have a "new" NSX on the policy, I do have a 2005 Ford GT which is a higher value car than the NSX NC1. Is your driving record the reason?

Interesting about how insurance rates very so much depending on where you live. Santa Barbara has an issue with Fires, however auto insurance is relatively low. I recently purchased the 2017 and added it to our insurance. The policy from Travelers was renewing in a mater of days. I have a 2017 Volvo XC90 T8 as well as the 2017 NSX. With $500 deductible our total auto insurance (both cars) is $1851.00 for the year. That includes windshield coverage for $50 deductible. Our home on the other hand is costing $1727 for coverage on a million plus home. Our coverage under Autoclub was even better, though they stopped insuring homes in this area. It does pay to shop around. Also we are in our 70s and have no tickets or accidents in recent years. We are also listed as retired though I still consult and teach for Cal State Fullerton. Also we are pleasure driving which is perfect for the NSX.

I pay $2.6k a year for the NSX and a Camry. The insurance agent (auto club) told me to go get another car when I just had the NSX as my premium would be over $4k a year with it being the only car.

He told me that the NSX would cost a fortune to repair if it was in an accident.

I told him it wouldn't be repaired, it would be totaled.

Last edited:
I pay $2.6k a year for the NSX and a Camry. The insurance agent (auto club) told me to go get another car when I just had the NSX as my premium would be over $k a year with it being the only car.He told me that the NSX would cost a fortune to repair if it was in an accident.I told him it wouldn't be repaired, it would be totaled.
You must have meant that it would have cost several $1000 as an only car? I had Autoclub for many years and found that reducing the number of cars while removing the cost of the dropped car typically added a lot of cost to the remaining cars. The other thing that makes a car like the NSX cheaper is to label it pleasure driving only and keep it at 2500 miles or less per year.

Interesting about how insurance rates very so much depending on where you live. Santa Barbara has an issue with Fires, however auto insurance is relatively low. I recently purchased the 2017 and added it to our insurance. The policy from Travelers was renewing in a mater of days. I have a 2017 Volvo XC90 T8 as well as the 2017 NSX. With $500 deductible our total auto insurance (both cars) is $1851.00 for the year. That includes windshield coverage for $50 deductible. Our home on the other hand is costing $1727 for coverage on a million plus home. Our coverage under Autoclub was even better, though they stopped insuring homes in this area. It does pay to shop around. Also we are in our 70s and have no tickets or accidents in recent years. We are also listed as retired though I still consult and teach for Cal State Fullerton. Also we are pleasure driving which is perfect for the NSX.

drmanny3,
Titan alum here back when they had a football team!
Lota variables in trying to compare auto ins premiums and I've been in the insurance biz for 45 years. Most personal lines companies want to package the risk with HO and Auto so your usually going to get a discount on the auto with writing supporting business like the Home, Business of Life. Currently with USAA and I shop every renewal and I carry high limits, 5 cars. Most expensive vehicle is my '19 G Wagon with my AMG GTS which is only $15 less than the NSX. Most companies rely on getting the biz in the door with lower rates and counting on people too busy to shop at renewal time. "Service" is another hollow term some companies claim but that is important to me when you have a loss. Haven't been able to beat rates or service of USAA for the past three years.

Back