• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Interchangeable Parts

Can you tell me more about this? Do you mean they are a physical fit plus the same resistance (1 ohm) or that they are identical in all ways including sound reproduction?

It looks like the 901 home theater speakers were originally released in 1968. It seems odd that Bose would be using the same driver 30 years later for an automotive product...
Yes, our cars use the same speakers as the Bose 901s, Bose was making 901s into the mid 1980s. Ive bought the ones in Legends link and checked them in the car. Exact fit. i will say they arent made of as high quality materials as the originals but they sound the same.

Thanks to both-look like the replacement ones in Legend's link are for all generations of 901.

I'm going to give them a shot...still wondering how close the sound is to what everybody heard in 1991 though.

EDIT: Just verifying-does this driver also work for the bass enclosure in the passenger footwell?

Thanks to both-look like the replacement ones in Legend's link are for all generations of 901.

I'm going to give them a shot...still wondering how close the sound is to what everybody heard in 1991 though.

EDIT: Just verifying-does this driver also work for the bass enclosure in the passenger footwell?

Yes. The bass enclosure uses the same speaker.

Those are just 30mm plugs that are easily available, part 95550-30000.

IIRC NSXs did not include those middle plugs from the factory but people put them in pretty often.
“just 30mm plugs” — so ended up with 30mm rubber grommets to start. Thanks.

My 2003 had these plugs when I bought it at 4900 miles back in 2005. I did notice the plugs didn’t fit snugly.

My wife says I'm interchangeable with the myriad of FedX and UPS guys waltzing up my driveway..

Back