• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Interior Fuse Box Cover Help Please

So ever since I bought my car, the triangle shaped cover for the fuse box on the inside driver's side by your left foot has never stayed on. So I thought I'd fix it myself, and purchased the parts I thought would be needed to attach the cover.
I purchased

77303-SH5-A01ZF KNOB, INSTRUMENT COVER (LOWER)*NH1L* (BLACK)
77304-SH5-A01 LOCK, INSTRUMENT COVER (LOWER)
91641-SM4-003 GROMMET, SCREW (4MM)
93903-24320 SCREW, TAPPING (4X12)
06773-SH1-A00ZH LOCK SET, INSTRUMENT COVER *NH1L* (BLACK) (this is really just buying to knob and lock as a package, I didn't know, so I ended up with 2 of the knobs and locks)

Anyways, I understand that the Lock is supposed to attach to the car, and the black knob is supposed to screw into the lock to hold the cover in place.
However, there's nowhere to put the lock in my car. All I have is a metal plate that is about 3 inches tall with a vertical slit in it.
Anyone know how this system works?
Thanks!

It's not a real 'lock', just a piece of asymetric plastic. One edge of it will (should) catch on the edge of the kick panel if I remember correctly.
Sometimes you really have to push the knob to make sure the edge gets behind the panel.

If that doesn't work, could you post a picture of your fuse box. Perhaps you're missing some other part.

Interested to know the outcome here as my car has never had this cover and my next order of business on my car is an interior refresh along with installing missing Oem parts.

It's not a real 'lock', just a piece of asymetric plastic. One edge of it will (should) catch on the edge of the kick panel if I remember correctly.
Sometimes you really have to push the knob to make sure the edge gets behind the panel.

If that doesn't work, could you post a picture of your fuse box. Perhaps you're missing some other part.

Here is a photo of what it looks like...

View attachment 126104

Last edited:
interior-fuse.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

1 screws into 2

tab 3 is missing which screws into 4

5 is the hole that the cover slides into sorta a kinda hinge for the cover door, then the locking tab on the cover pushes into 6

- - - Updated - - -

cover turns and locks into 6.

View attachment 126106

- - - Updated - - -

1 screws into 2

5 is the hole that the cover slides into sorta a kinda hinge for the cover door, then the locking tab on the cover pushes into 6

- - - Updated - - -

I have the same issue in this pic Shawn. Aren't the tabs that are missing part of the lower door lining on the older version cars? At least that is how the diagram shows.

View attachment 126106

- - - Updated - - -

1 screws into 2

- - - Updated - - -

This all makes sense, but how does 6 stay in one place so that it lines up with hole on the cover? Or do I put the both of the pieces that go through the cover first and that's what goes through the hole?

if you look at the cover in your hand at one end it has a round knob you turn the other end has a plastic prong that slides into 5 which acts like a hinge on a door. then the round knob with the 2 prongs inside being in the vertical postion will fit into 6 when the prongs inside the round knob are clear of the sides of 6 when you turn it it will lock into place.

IF everything is not screwed down like your CF part is not. the cover will not go in far enough to clear the walls/side of 6

its not confusing but the way I explained it might be LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Jinks: all years fit all years are the same

all years have the tabs upper and lower

this example of a CF part is missing the upper tab

if you look at the cover in your hand at one end it has a round knob you turn the other end has a plastic prong that slides into 5 which acts like a hinge on a door. then the round knob with the 2 prongs inside being in the vertical postion will fit into 6 when the prongs inside the round knob are clear of the sides of 6 when you turn it it will lock into place.

IF everything is not screwed down like your CF part is not. the cover will not go in far enough to clear the walls/side of 6

its not confusing but the way I explained it might be LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Jinks: all years fit all years are the same

all years have the tabs upper and lower

this example of a CF part is missing the upper tab

I was able to get it to work. Even though tab 3 is missing in your photo description, I screwed 1 into 2, and it held that in place enough. The part I was missing was how to assemble the turn knob. I thought that the back piece (77304-SH5-A01 LOCK, INSTRUMENT COVER (LOWER)) had to be mounted to the car somehow. But what actually is you attach both 77303-SH5-A01ZF KNOB, INSTRUMENT COVER (LOWER) and (77304-SH5-A01 LOCK, INSTRUMENT COVER (LOWER)) to the fuse cover itself and that's what slides into vertically into hole 6 in your diagram, and you turn to lock it down.

I'm not going to worry about the missing top screw, because that appears to be a piece you can't buy separately but have to buy the entire 83162-SL0-A00ZA LINING, L. COWL SIDE, which isn't work $162 as it's working without that 1 screw.

Back