• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Interior update 2015

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]Hello fellow Xers,

I would first like to thank the NSX community, especially here on Prime, for being so generous with their time and expertise. The write-ups are incredibly useful and often equally entertaining (especially comments). My favorite ideas I incorporated into my interior update. Of course, each deviation from OEM gouged a chunk out of the car's price. But that only matters if you ever plan on selling.

Here is a list of updates and modifications, some with their sources.

[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]-Kenwood DNN991HD; AP-X 10" subwoofer; amplifiers; Infinity Kappa 3/4" tweeters with crossover ; 3.5" rear speaker
-Rydeen 360 around view monitor (4 cameras producing a stitched view "from above". Viewed on Kenwood receiver.
-TPMS with sensors in wheels. Viewed on Kenwood Receiver.
-Stacy's polished cluster and trim rings
-NSXcarpet NSX-R replica
-CF console, vent bezel, window switch trim, and smaller-diameter steering wheel (1st example of its kind) from Euroboutique.com
-CF Zoom rear view mirror
-Polished aluminum shift plate from autovation
-Polished door handles and e-brake button from SOS
-TWM Big Type R weighted counterbalanced shift knob (600gm)
-SOS short-shift adapter
-Reupholstered custom leather seats, door inserts, shift boot, hand brake, sun visors (added mirror for wife on passenger side).
-Homelink garage door opener
-All lights converted to LEDs
-Homelink garage door opener
-Interior red stitch overlay mod
-Custom upholstery

[/COLOR]
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg[MENTIONimage.jpg][/MENTION]image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Hope we you enjoy!

Thanks. If my car was perfectly preserved, I would keep OEM too. But a 360 degree camera system to avoid curbs and rodents is hard to argue with on a dropped NSX.

Love it! Two questions. Where did you get the door lock coverings? Price? Also, the keyless push button. Where did you get that and how difficult is this option to install?

Wow. Well done and clean!

What brand tpms? Did you restitch the dash yourself?

Who did the carbon center console?

Last edited:
Thanks all.
I used the overlay red stitching method described elsewhere on Prime. It took an obscene amount of time, but the result is great.
Door pins were from Amazon. Just search carbon door pins Acura (or a universal with no logo). They cost $26 for 4 pins, so you can share with a friend.
TPMS system can be found on Amazon. I don't remember the name...maybe Rupse. It comes with a box that is used as pass-through for reverse camera. Tire pressure warnings automatically activate the feed and switch the receiver to TPMS info/alarm screen
Push start/alarm is a $350 system from a Canadian company called advanced keys (advancedkeys.com). They sell directly online, and have a few options. Just make sure to call them and specify that you want START illuminated red. I initially got a default blue button. Install cost me $500.
All the carbon was done by Rick at euroboutique.us. S4play on Prime

Really love your mods. Especially the engine start button.
Can you tell me where did you buy your gauge cluster ring?

Thanks! The cluster ring was custom wrapped in alcantara (as were roof, pillars, and tweeter pods)

Sharp looking stuff and thanks for the link on the push button starter. I figured someone out there must make a simple kit.

Cluster rings

I bought these from a Prime member stacysnsx who used to machine them.

Subscribing.
Nice work.

Back