• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

intermittent issues w door handles and windows

Hi NSX NC owners

I'm occasionally having some oddball issues with the doors on the car.. and they come and go so very hard to replicate.. the first is the window sometimes doesnt reset (go up the last 3/4 inch) after you get in the car and close the door.. the second is the door handle greeting (opening) sometimes dont go back in after you have started the car and are ready to drive away.. (put in reverse) anyone else have this issue? gonna talk to camco about a scan / warranty note soon on this

thx Kevin K

I have not had any of those issues. How old is your car? Has it always acted this way, or is this new behavior?

its a 2017 late production , got it in 2019 with 6000 kms on it - has 13000 kms on it now - did the window thing once the first year and once last year, did it again once when I got it out of storage this year and the door handle staying ajar has happened twice since out of storage this year. car was on the NSX charger all winter and no other issues otherwise :) Kevin K

I am totally talking out of my arse here because I have no real idea, but it sounds to me like maybe a sensor that tells the car the door is fully closed is having problems?

I had a door unlock issue soon after I got mine back in 2018. Drivers door wouldn't unlock and window acted up - not going back up. Dealer checked the battery and said it was low. New battery under warranty and no problems since. Mine is a 2017 that sat at the dealer for a year before I got it. My battery is now three years old and will get a new one during my next oil change service coming up soon. A weak battery seems to cause issues like this.

Edit... about that same time one of my key fobs acted up. Replaced the battery in each and all good. Super easy, videos on u-tube for Acura keys. They're on my list to change again also.

Last edited:
Mods... this should be moved to the public forum. Nothing secret or controversial with this. Similar problems with Mac doors and alignment. And the tons of other Mac electrical issues vetted in public.

I have heard some others post about door/window issues. I seem to recall there was a way to resync everything? Also the battery as mentioned above is often the culprit.

Back