• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy Introducing the LoveFab WFS NSX Chassis Bracing System

Im betting money the bar will not work with this duct. Very likely with the other type R duct with some dremeling.

Already thought about it. I'm probably going to just cut mine, and if I get time there may be surprise in store, but as of right now I have a lot of random projects going on.

BTW I plan to keep my Stmpo bar. I don't know when I'll be able to install all 3, but I'll report back if there's a change or not in what I feel. Again on a street driven nsx that actually gets hardly any... street time.

TURBO2GO you hit the nail on the head, in all points, and welcome your input. Thank you.

These bars are powdercoated by a trusting source, the finish will last many years.

Good to hear they are powder coated. That should last. Also for anyone wondering powdercoat is an excellent primer base if you wanted to add custom paint on top. It really helps keep the paint from chipping. Now stop being ricey people, and just take the black... :D

Actually I think these are so good you couldn't make them ricey if you tried. Not that some won't try.... LOL

- - - Updated - - -

l. Again on a street driven nsx that actually gets hardly any... street time.

That would also be known as a money Pitt.

How do you plan to cut the duct.... I have the same duct.

Drastic differences were noticed with the upper, AND the lower bar installed along with the STMPO bar. While its very simple in design, it does not brace the most important area; the suspension pickup points. The STMPO bar braces the front of the frame rails together. This is great, except that the suspension pickup points, and the CNC blocks inside the frame rails will still "flex" and move around under torsional stress. The LoveFab Chassis bars virtually eliminate this flex, which is why such a drastic difference was felt in addition to the STMPO bar.

Our finding is that the front STMPO bar is rendered obsolete by the LoveFab WFS Chassis Bracing System.

This seems extremely interesting..but a couple of questions:

1) The upper bar is seemingly a hybrid between a FSTB and the FCBs that have been available up until this point, right? I have both an STMPO FCB and FSTB in my car and I'm wondering if the upper bar will still have as much of an impact? Has any testing been done on a car with a *functional* FSTB?

2) It's hard to tell from the pictures, but does installation of these bars require removal of the spare tire? What implication, if any, does that have on the crash safety of the vehicle?

3) When can we expect a targa version of the rear bar for S/C'd cars? :)

Dave I guess I will give my input on this... Chassis rigidity is always good. It helps every suspension component work more properly. The looser the car or section of car, the greater the benefit. For example, slightly more benefit on some parts with targa cars than coupe cars. More benefit tying together parts of the car where there are "holes" than where there the car is already solid.

Will the average person feel a difference? IMO that is pretty questionable on a street driven NSX. But the more suspension you have, the more wheel and tire you have, the more power you have, and the more speed you have, the more the chassis has to control. So the more bracing helps. If you are running 1000 pound springs it is different than 240 pound springs. If you are taking corners on the track, it is way different than on the street. IMHO, braces sell very well, but few primers buying them actually get use out of them. There are more than one or two braces that plenty of people have bought that IMO are nothing more than a feel-good purchase. There are also a lot of beneficial claims attributed chassis bracing that really just aren't there. So the majority of brace purchases are really for naught, because either the brace is stiffening a spot that needs no stiffening at all, or it's designed poorly where it just flexes too much and adds minimal help, or the rest of the car, driver, and road just aren't to the level where chassis rigidity is a weak link in the chain. I am always skeptical of another brace coming to market, with all the buyers signing up. Sometimes I think they sell just because they are an inexpensive mod. Another thing no one thinks about, is what this bracing does to the car's crash structure and crumple zones. You are at points seriously altering in how the body will behave in an offset crash for example. No one really knows how these will be affected, because none of us have the computers or engineering know-how to know for sure. Aftermarket know-how and factory know-how in this area are vastly different.

Now having said all of this, rather inappropriately on Cody's group buy thread, I will also say this: These things are the real deal. They are well-designed, the best I have seen to date. There is no doubt in my mind they are extremely effective, and if you run on the track with a stiff suspension at high speed, this is a must have and probably very worthwhile. In other words for the guys that want chassis bracing, no need to look further. On another level than anything I've seen from anyone else.

Ross (STMPO) was actually about to produce another bar that was so unique and so good, it would have done wonders. It replaced a major section of the car. I don't want to speak for him but imagine something in the shape of a spider web that tied in at multiple points. Anyway that is nothing but a dream now, his products which were excellent, are no longer being produced. I am really glad to see this stuff from Cody, and will most likely buy a few of them to go with my current STMPO braces.

Cody I hope it is OK I expressed my very honest opinion here. Forgive me if it is out of place. I am very interested in the front bars. Unfortunately I do have that downforce duct for my R hood, but I may change it so I can get your bar. My bigger concern is paint. These are painted and not powdercoated, right? I've seen too many braces and bars start to chip and rust over the years. Looks great day 1, looks like garbage 2 years later. Are you comfortable with the finish on these lasting?

Thanks Dave. So the bottom line is if you track your car these front bars are a great investment, if you don't track, you probably will not be able to tell a real difference even though it will be stiffer. I do like the stiffer Rear Brace for Targas, though I don't know how valuable it is for a coupe. My STMPO rear brace certainly made a noticeable difference going down the driveway on an angle.

Last edited:
I have driven hundreds of different NSX's, in many different configurations and environments. The two most solid NSX's I've ever felt are Pikes Peak NSX, and xrc's NSX after the LoveFab WFS Chassis system treatment. You will benefit on the street by sheer enjoyment of a solid chassis. Targa cars should be a totally different animal, though I fear it will be awhile before I can test a car in-person because we are in the dead of winter until late March. Drzzzz's 95 NSX is nearing completion, and he is getting a full set along with his LF600 Turbo installation, so I can't wait to hear his impressions.

Thanks Dave. So the bottom line is if you track your car these front bars are a great investment, if you don't track, you probably will not be able to tell a real difference even though it will be stiffer. I do like the stiffer Rear Brace for Targas, though I don't know how valuable it is for a coupe. My STMPO rear brace certainly made a noticeable difference going down the driveway on an angle.

Bars that stiffen chassis strength are always great investments depending on how you look at it. Don't feed into "only if you track your car these are worth buying crap that some people always say. The same can really be said for any other performance mod out there.

The telling the difference with street and actually track or driving aggressively can only be told by the ones who actually will have the bars installed. Like you and I said earlier, we both felt differences with stmpo bars in place. Now another aspect to look at is if the chassis was flexing regularly and we felt improvement with a bar in a certain place, how much more rigid will these bars make it and if there is THAT much room for more improvement.

Dave the rear is a weak point. In comparison the front just does not have the same amount of flex unless under more extreme loads. Even Ross told me that the front strut brace makes the least difference between all 3 bars that he had, because of the stiffness that was there already. There is going to be a lot of personal opinion on this because "a real difference" is totally subjective. I can assure you some guys would feel a "real difference" if you braced where the car is as solid as a steel I-beam. The chassis on the NSX is not a noodle. "Street driving" itself can mean different things. My brutaly honest opinion is no... I don't think there will be a noticable difference in most street applications for most people with the addition of most front bars. I even removed and re-installed my own bars and ran on the track with a stock suspension and I honestly had a hard time telling any difference. It's different now, I am running 1000 pound springs up front.

A lot of guys get big brake kits. Does an NSX need a big brake kit going down main street? No. But the car certainly doesn't perform worse. At worst, the only negative things I can think of by adding these bars are just that you've spent some money (and I have seen money spent on a lot worse mods) and added a mild amount of extra weight. The effects on crash performance shall remain a mystery. It can make things worse... but it can also make things better. We don't know. But you are definitely making alterations to the original design. To some, that just won't matter.

I do occasionally run on the track, I do have a higher performance engine, brakes, and definitely suspension.... so to me this is a welcome addition and I am not expecting miracles. Even under these extreme circumstances I don't believe I am running hard enough and am enough of a driver yet to notice some vast difference. I am still on street tires as well.

The short of it is that if you are going to get braces, these are the ones to get. Cody did his homework on these. I think the rest of it is personal decsion making.

Last edited:
2013-01-24_15-22-29_1.jpg

Rob is working hard on catching up!

Will have a full batch of five out tomorrow for powdercoating, we should be able to ship several on Monday. Ask Rob about his hand and the 3phase belt sander :-/ He lost two days of productivity on that one.

Cody I really like the anchoring points.

So this front lower bar would replace a gt spec or NSX-R lower bar... Let's see that targa version so I can make some decisions ;)

So this front lower bar would replace a gt spec or NSX-R lower bar... Let's see that targa version so I can make some decisions ;)

Yes it would.

Here is a sneak preview of one of the Targa versions we have started. This particular one will not fit the Targa cover; but may actually clear a SC snout.

2013-01-23_17-31-01_705.jpg

Oh yea it is LOL.

- - - Updated - - -

It looks to me that the Lovefab piece is made better. In other words stronger/tighter/stiffer. Well, to me it does, haha :smile:.

- - - Updated - - -

At the mounting point/position. Just look at it CL65 Captain :wink:.

- - - Updated - - -

CL65 Captain, Where you at??? What happen??? :biggrin: heheh!

Last edited:
Yes it would.

Here is a sneak preview of one of the Targa versions we have started. This particular one will not fit the Targa cover; but may actually clear a SC snout.

2013-01-23_17-31-01_705.jpg

Looks like the mounting points are higher than stmpo so maybe it will clear the sc.

They look the same. A few differences. Stmpo had to make one to clear the s/c. After all that trouble only a few people bought despite many request. Hell the factory bar is probably fine for 90% of us. But I do like BOTH bars made by both vendors. STMPO offered factory colors too, for showing off.

Last edited:
Will there be a targa bar that works with the targa cover?

That bar isn't going to clear a supercharger.

Back