• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

is it just me?

i have owned my NSX for two years now and whenever i park it up,whether its in the drive,in work,in a carpark etc,etc,when i walk away from the car i just cant resist looking back at it.even after two years i still think(and probably always will)that it is a beautifull car.
do any of you do the same with your car or am i just a sad gimp?

I always look back as a security/pride issue. And I won't go anywhere where I'm away for very long :) That's why I drive the other cars from the "old man" carpool :D :D

is it just me

Got you all beat.When I go to bed at night I walk by the garage and guess what(the wife thinks I'm nuts) but I have to look.LOL

SWEET DREAMS

Guilty

When I first purchased my 95NSX I drove it home from Florida. When I finally stopped at a motel to sleep some it was a waste of money. :) :)
I spent most of the night peeking out of the window just to be sure it was still there and see how good it looked!!:D :D

I have not lost that feeling yet.:cool: If the seat would recline more you would probably find me sleeping in it. I just cannot get enough of this car.

That reminds me I need to change my "Will" so that they burry me in it instead of some stupid coffin.

Ha Ha Ha Who said you cannot take it with you!!!! Just let them try to pry it from my cold dead fingers.

It's mine !!!!! It's mine !!!! It's mine !!!!! It's mine !!!!It's mine !!!!! It's mine !!!! :D :D

Sorry............. I get a little crazy or did they say I was crazy?

Enjoying every insane minute. To my fellow asylum buddy's.

Keep smiling and enjoying the car.

You're defintely not alone in doing that. Everytime I walk away from the car I sneak a look back (I try not to do that to look flashy) but its hard to resist. Of course at home in the garage I have to take a look once in awhile to just think WOW I actually have one :D

after buying it i had a long haul from atlanta back to connecticut, so i decided to stop for the night at some holdiay inn express or something like that. i asked for a room directly in front of where i parked, put the cover on the car and don't think i slept a wink. every sound i heard made me run to look out of the window.

i was back on the road within 2-3 hours.

paranoid, yes. however, the large group of people traveling through the parking lot with six packs of beer gave me justifiable cause to be concerned!

i tend to always turn my head and look at the reflections as i drive by store windows or office windows :D

jaytip nsx said:
Do any of you do the same with your car or am i just a sad gimp?

You're beyond hope! ;) :p

I like the peeved look on my impatient friend's face as I find "the sweet spot" @ 8 o'clock position about 5 feet away (best view IMO), take a squat, and stare at it for a good min. while she jumps up and down and bitch about how we're already 10 min. late.
Priceless...... :D

jaytip nsx said:

do any of you do the same with your car or am i just a sad gimp?

Hahaha! No, we all do this. My sons are 4 and 2 and we got into the habit of saying "Goodnight" to any number of inanimate objects, but one night my oldest, now 4, then 3, opened the door to the garage off the kitchen and said "goodnight Porsche" to my 2003 911 Twin Turbo. The very first word he ever learned to spell, say and recognize was "P-O-R-S-C-H-E". Mine was "L-A-M-B-O-R-G-H-I-N-I back when my dad had his 1968 Lamborghini P400SV. Now, I find myself poking my head into the garage to say goodnight to the NSX. :) My son thinks it is cute. My wife thinks I am insane.

What I love is when I see my car in action, like when the valet parking guy drives the car up to you at the hotel entrance. I guess this feeling is universal to all drivers who take pride in their car(s).

Back