• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Is this a guy buy? 1975 Porsche Widebody 2.7L for $12900

Seems cheap enough, any mention of motor reseal and other mods?

Some Porsche guys can chime in better than I, but there's a reason 2.7L 911s around '75-'77 sell for so low. The 2.7L had some serious issues.

A better buy would be a later 78-82ish 911SC with the 3.0L. Those seem to hover around mid to upper teens.

If you could find a 3.0L engine in good condition for cheap, then this '75 would be a good buy in my eyes.

Die hard 911 guy here. The 75-77 911S are the least desirable 911 as they are the slowest of all. Also, the car in question had a flare job which can be in butcher quality. This car might be a good buy if everything is done right and maintained but your descriptions do not fit the case.
Perhaps a local 911 guy can check it out for you.
Steve

Have you driven one of these old 911's? An ex's father had one he let me drive. His was an '85 I think. It was a nice enough looking car, the classic 911 look and all but to drive? It was SO slow. I assume by your handle you have a turbo NSX? That thing is gonna feel like a ford ranger.

Back