• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Is this a scam?

Hi there,

My name is Kathie and this is my 1994 Acura NSX. The total price that i want for it is $XX,XXX and the shipping is included. The car has 71,400 miles on the odometer. It has never been wrecked or damaged.
I just moved in Glascow, Scotland and i have a new job here. I left the car in US at the shipping company and this company has an office here in Scotland. They will manage the payment and shipping for us because i am busy here with my job and i can't do it from myself.
Here is their website : www.transcargo-ltd.co.uk
If you decide to go there, call the company make the appointment and go there. If you want the car to be shipped, here are the transaction steps:
- I need your full name, shipping address and phone # so i can open a case at the company.
- Trans Cargo will then contact you with all the details about the transaction.
- You have to make a small down payment for the vehicle.
- If you will make the payment, you will receive from Trans Cargo the tracking number in the same day that you deposit the money.
- The shipping will start, you will receive the vehicle with the original docs signed by me.
- If you want to keep the car, you will pay me the remaining balance.
- If you don't want to keep it, you will contact the company, they will come in 3 days and pick up the car and give you a full refund in hand.

Thanks,
Kathie

Even though she says I can go in and check the car out? The company looks pretty legit from google searches. I look at the steps and don't see where they would have access to my money. Especially since I live in the area and can actually see the car in person.

Sent this to the shipping company:

I am in the process of purchasing a 1994 Acura NSX from a Kathie. She informed me that your company has possession of the vehicle and I am just asking for confirmation. She told me I could make an appointment to see the vehicle and I would like to do that also.
Email me back at :

Thank you for your time

Even though she says I can go in and check the car out? The company looks pretty legit from google searches. I look at the steps and don't see where they would have access to my money. Especially since I live in the area and can actually see the car in person.
They're right; it's a scam.

But I'll tell you what. Since you live in the area, why don't you arrange with them to see the car in person? You have nothing to lose by doing so, right? Heck, I'll even buy you a bottle of your favorite not-too-expensive wine, out of my own pocket, if they actually show you the NSX in question. How's that for an additional incentive to ask them to see it?

And please, let us know how it turns out. I'd love to hear how they treat your request. In the past, they have either ignored such requests, or they have claimed some BS excuse about the car being locked up in customs.

I'd never purchase something from someone that can't even spell the city that they live in correctly - I.e. Glasgow not Glascow. Come on if your planning on scamming someone at least do it professionally.

Scam for sure.

Ebay warns about this very scam in their motors section.

I'd never purchase something from someone that can't even spell the city that they live in correctly - I.e. Glasgow not Glascow.

You are wrong here, I live in Glass Cow, it is a nice place. You should come visit. I will let you drive my NSX, and I will have Kathie bring hers by too.

Sheesh, not every $6500 NSX is a scam. Have some faith in us.

They're right; it's a scam.

But I'll tell you what. Since you live in the area, why don't you arrange with them to see the car in person? You have nothing to lose by doing so, right? Heck, I'll even buy you a bottle of your favorite not-too-expensive wine, out of my own pocket, if they actually show you the NSX in question. How's that for an additional incentive to ask them to see it?

And please, let us know how it turns out. I'd love to hear how they treat your request. In the past, they have either ignored such requests, or they have claimed some BS excuse about the car being locked up in customs.

That's what I thought, sounds like a scam, but I am in the area, so should try to check it out.

I'd never purchase something from someone that can't even spell the city that they live in correctly - I.e. Glasgow not Glascow. Come on if your planning on scamming someone at least do it professionally.

Scam for sure.

You are so right on this. Maybe the seller lives in Negirea.:wink: :biggrin:

That's what I thought, sounds like a scam, but I am in the area, so should try to check it out.

stop wasting your time. i bet your the first number of your XX,XXX price is a 1, right? even if it isn't, i've noticed scammers have been getting ballzy in their asking price.

if you're seriously looking at prices that low, you will not find a good nsx. that's how much people would be selling them WRECKED. tells you a little something. and, if the person isn't in the country,

save your money and buy a good one. you should be looking for LEGIT cars. that means you'll be looking at 27k+. if you can't afford that, you can't afford the car anyway (maintenance, parts, etc.)

in any case, good luck in your search for the right nsx. DO NOT PURSUE THIS VEHICLE.

You're right. You could have a wrecked, burned, no trans, engine, suspension or interior 94 NSX for $6500 and it wouldn't be a scam.
But one that is in nice shape for that much, c'mon, you know it's a scam no matter where you live.:rolleyes:

The 4th sentence stated "It has never been wrecked or damaged."

Back