• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

It is 76 degress right now. I love SoCAL!

I hope you guys had a great drive today! I decided to take out my other toy for some top down driving.

DSCN1329110123PK_S2000.jpg

DSCN1318110123PCHCrystalCove.jpg

Crystal Cove was gorgeous for a walk on the beach. :smile:

It was fun as always, had a great time with a beautiful weather all along until I got home this evening. My beloved lab passed away in my backyard and I just broke down big time:frown:. I even said goodbye to her this morning before I had left to meet the guys for the drive. I had her since 1998 and I don't know what happened. She never had any symptoms or anything like that, but this last couple of weeks she's been drinking lots of water I mean a gallon a day. May she rest in peace...... :frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:

Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss of your lab, Maverick96. My screen name, Kyras, is the name of a German Shepherd I loved and lost. I understand the heartbreak when a great dog dies. :frown:

Last edited:
It was fun as always, had a great time with a beautiful weather all along until I got home this evening. My beloved lab passed away in my backyard and I just broke down big time:frown:. I even said goodbye to her this morning before I had left to meet the guys for the drive. I had her since 1998 and I don't know what happened. She never had any symptoms or anything like that, but this last couple of weeks she's been drinking lots of water I mean a gallon a day. May she rest in peace...... :frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:
oh no.... sorry for your loss... sigh...

I am so sorry for your loss:frown:. My thoughts are with you and your beloved Lab. Being a dog owner this is truly a sad day. May she rest in peace.

Hang in there my friend.

Les

Here are a couple of videos I took of the drive. I apologize for the wind noise. I was enjoying the weather :)

I was also using my phone so the quality of the video isn't the best. Better if seen at 480p.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/G95uKeZIKD8" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IQBuw3YFlRc" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

I'm glad I was able to catch up with you guys later in the day. Thanks John for waiting up!

Last edited:

So sorry to hear about your loss. I have a lab too (Misty) and she is a very big part of my life. When I saw your post I called Misty over and gave here a big hug. A new lab puppy will help easy your loss.

picture.php

Best Mario

Last edited:
I have 30 minutes of video of the drive in MOV format (nothing exciting though). Does anyone know of a good "free" video editing program for this format. I need to break up the vid into smaller segments to upload to YouTube.

Best,

Mario

Nice vids...hopefully I'll make it out next time when I'm not stuck with both the kids.

What's up with that Toyota Camry riding the brakes tailgating you guys? Just a case of nsx-envy :rolleyes:

Thank you for your thoughts Pat. It is greatly appreciated. I know I've been through this before where I had lost 2 great dogs in the past. The love we get from our pets is so pure and innocent. They are loyal, life loving soles.I still have one golden retriever and a beagle to play with. P.s I have met you before in person at the super sunday drive.:smile:

Angel.

It's been awhile and it was nice to see all you guys cruising from the distance...well there is always next time and I will bring mines out.:biggrin:

Sorry to hear about your lab Angel, I lost my dog in 2000.

Hey calvin, I am still sadden by it. It's something that I have to deal with again. Anyways, It was nice of you to tagged along. Good to see you my friend..

What's up with that Toyota Camry riding the brakes tailgating you guys? Just a case of nsx-envy :rolleyes:
I wasn't sure if I was the only one that noticed that. It was an awesome NSX looking fighter formation (very Blue Angels-like) but then there was the Camry. lol... great way to mess up a good shot but all in good fun nonetheless. Hope you can make it out next time.

I'm considering planning an Angeles Crest Drive but not sure if you guys are willing to subject your paint to the potential road rash conditions. It's really quite an awesome drive up there.

I wasn't sure if I was the only one that noticed that. It was an awesome NSX looking fighter formation (very Blue Angels-like) but then there was the Camry. lol... great way to mess up a good shot but all in good fun nonetheless. Hope you can make it out next time.

I'm considering planning an Angeles Crest Drive but not sure if you guys are willing to subject your paint to the potential road rash conditions. It's really quite an awesome drive up there.

There always seems to be one person that has to get in the middle of us having fun.

You know I'm up for it:biggrin:, paint chips:eek: and all.

Last edited:
Les, much of the time during the drive I was behind you. Check out the vids I posted (each are about 9-10 minutes long). The first segment takes us to Laurel Canyon. The 2nd part is through Hollywood and into Beverly Hills. The second (area unknown) is when whe started heading north and then east again.

Les, much of the time during the drive I was behind you. Check out the vids I posted (each are about 9-10 minutes long). The first segment takes us to Laurel Canyon. The 2nd part is through Hollywood and into Beverly Hills. The second (area unknown) is when whe started heading north and then east again.

Mario,
I saw the video's. It is nice to be the feature thru most of the video's:biggrin:
I have a great asz.................................... ur rear end on my car:tongue:

So sorry to hear of your loss, I lost my springer spaniel last month after 11 great years. I lost it too. I prepare every day as my best friend (my cat) UTAH is 17 years old. I love him.

On another note, At least it was 76 degrees, the temp gauge in my ZDX read 5 degrees on Sunday:eek:

Great cruising guys! Which route exactly did you guys take? Wondering because if I ever feel the need to go for a drive, I can just follow that route since it looks pretty fun.

Regan, please plan an Angeles Crest drive in Feb.

PS sorry for your lost, Maverick96

Unlike most of you guys, I'm getting sick of constant warmth and sunshine for weeks on end.....This is Southern California ...can't we get a little variety and greenness until April ? The winter Sun is especially low in the California sky......When it's so clear and hot, my face gets totally blasted when I'm outside. I'm half Irish....My skin doesn't like this crap.....
(Flame suit on)...no pun intended

Unlike most of you guys, I'm getting sick of constant warmth and sunshine for weeks on end.....This is Southern California ...can't we get a little variety and greenness until April ? The winter Sun is especially low in the California sky......When it's so clear and hot, my face gets totally blasted when I'm outside. I'm half Irish....My skin doesn't like this crap.....

Maybe it's time for you to move the the northeast where you can enjoy those "nice" winter days there:tongue::biggrin:

LOL

Mike - I'll get you one of these next time I see you. It's quite the trend in Monterey Park apparently!

asian_lady_visor3.jpg

Back