• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

It's my turn to try out a turbo'd car for the first time

I officially HATE MATT!!!!!

screw the break in! Let's see a youtube video of you stomping on it!

I officially HATE MATT!!!!!

screw the break in! Let's see a youtube video of you stomping on it!

That's how I felt about you too Ritesh :biggrin:

And don't clown on my dog. Vader wouldn't like it

So far, the only thing I hate about this car is the attention I'm getting on the road. It's unbelievable how many ppl are honking at me and rolling their windows down and coming up to me to talk to me about it. I prefer to roll inconspicuously but this is getting out of hand. Why can't ppl just see the Nissan badge and move along? I even had a 50 year old woman come up to me at Starbucks and tell me that I have an awesome car. How on earth would she know what it was?

That's how I felt about you too Ritesh :biggrin:

And don't clown on my dog. Vader wouldn't like it

So far, the only thing I hate about this car is the attention I'm getting on the road. It's unbelievable how many ppl are honking at me and rolling their windows down and coming up to me to talk to me about it. I prefer to roll inconspicuously but this is getting out of hand. Why can't ppl just see the Nissan badge and move along? I even had a 50 year old woman come up to me at Starbucks and tell me that I have an awesome car. How on earth would she know what it was?

I get the same thing in my accord man!!:biggrin:

DSCN2762.jpg

Yep, even here in NorCal the amount of attention that the car gets is a bit surreal.

Yep, even here in NorCal the amount of attention that the car gets is a bit surreal.

Have you done any modifications to yours yet?

I just got a clearbra put on. I'm still going through tons of threads on NAGTROC to kind of filter through before I decide which way to go. I can't believe how cheap it is (relatively speaking - compared to the NSX) to get another 100hp (about $2k).

Last edited:
Congrats Matt!!! GT-R looks mean...

All these new car threads I've been reading have not been good for a recovering whip-flipping whore like myself.

Thats weird about the M6. I was about to help my brother in-law buy one. Do you think they all feel that way or that something was wrong with yours?

pardon the intrusion/hijack/ and nosiness, but I really wanted to drop my 2 cents.

Stay away from the M6. Apart from the Engine and the looks, it doesn't have much going for it. And that's not the real bad news.

Rumers suggest that the car as it is right now will be completely dropped soon and it will go through a total overhaul. This means the current M6 price tag should drop like a rock.

Just my opinion, don't flame me for it.

I just got a clearbra put on. I'm still going through tons of threads on NAGTROC to kind of filter through before I decide which way to go. I can't believe how cheap it is (relatively speaking - compared to the NSX) to get another 100hp (about $2k).

Congrats on the performance bargain of the decade.

Just a question, I thought the new GT-R was specifically designed to make it really difficult to mod unlike the old GT-R. So how come it's so cheap to mod them?

Have not done any HP mods on the car yet, still taking it easy on the engine for the time being :)

Most of the mods so far have been cosmetic, or just enhancements: clear bra, clear corners for the front, (have the rear clear reflectors but looking for a set that are reasonably priced that have LED's in them instead of the clear reflectors that are used in the JDM cars), the HKS Technical Factory rear wing high mount kit. Nissan/Infiniti rear camera kit is on order. Planning to do the sound insulation behind the back seat and trunk area while installing the rear camera kit.

Lot's of good info over at NAGTROC in regards to the popular power mods (mid-pipe + Cobb, mid-pipe +exhaust + Cobb), there is also the UK GT-R Owners Club, sometimes you can find good information there as well: http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/.

BTW: Is your car a 2010 or a 2011?

2low2speed
I got a 2010 and after some negotiating, got it for less than invoice.
I would have bought an '11 but the local guys wouldn't budge off of sticker. I know I could have gotten an '11 for around $80k if I looked around the country but I also had a trade in to deal with.
I was thinking of the clear side marker but actually liked the way the amber one goes with a black car. It kind of matches the brake caliper. On a different color car, I would consider changing out to a clear side marker. I like the red rear marker so I won't consider swapping that out.
I'm going to go real slow on what mods to buy so I don't waste a ton of money trying things out. But the Cobb AP is on my immediate to do list. I'm just trying to figure out if I want the midpipe now or later.

cmhs75
As for modding the GT-R, with just a Cobb Accessport and a midpipe, people are seeing gains of about 100 hp at the crank. That is about $2k. The Cobb comes with off the shelf pre-programming. Here's more info about it.
http://www.cobbtuning.com/products/?id=3853

Ken - I didn't realize you got one too!! Congrats man.

Give us a detailed review.

Back