• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

J32A engine (CL type S) in NSX

Nice.
I had a question for you... why not omit this all together since it's a boosted app.? Wouldn't it be less volume to fill?

I think the issue is about flow characteristics, keeping the mid plate seems to smooth out the flow and should result in better HP/boost level. I admit, this is conjecture on my part, it would be very cool to do the FEA work to prove/dis-prove this.

I wonder how a welded manifold would work made from a stock intake. Cut through the runners leading into the heads and replace the whole center sections with a 5" aluminum tube leading directly to the throttle body. It would end up being a big open plenum...

...got one I can cut up????

OK, keep me in the loop!

Dave

OK, keep me in the loop!

Dave

Sounds good.
Also on the throttle body side of the plenium you can weld the plate to adapt a throttle body from a Q45. But this would only be good for the FI app. cause the TB is much larger in diameter.
Picture below show a Q45 TB on the NSX mani vs stock
Infiniti-throttle-body.jpg

Lets not forget that the j-series engines aren't aluminum and therefore wouldn't warp if overheated (6k repair) and the 6 speed clutch isn't $2k to replace. That's extra bread going towards forced induction. I'm for it.

Back