• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Jack Stands (low height, profile)

merex said:
Anyone hear of low height jack stands. The lowest I have seen are 10.5 inches.
Ditto.. How am I supposed to put the car on jacks if it's only 3 & 3/4" off the ground? :cool: (which is a 3" improvement from the previous owner..:eek: )

slownsxt said:
Ditto.. How am I supposed to put the car on jacks if it's only 3 & 3/4" off the ground? :cool: (which is a 3" improvement from the previous owner..:eek: )
He said low height jack stands, not the jack itself.:tongue:

merex said:

I have a set of LARIN P/N JS-2B that are 10.0 inches. I think they were $24 for a set of 4 from my local Tractor Supply store.

If your really club racer low (1/1/2" to 3" range), and you need it up on all four stands, this is what I do.

I roll-up on a set of 1/1/4" high weights at each corner under the tires. The TEIN ramps don't work for me anymore. This provides enough clearance to get the factory OEM jack under there, which a few turns later will win you just enough height to get a race jack under there without risk to the side skirt. If you're really low, even a race jack isn't going under the side skirt unless you get the car up first.

Once you get one side jacked up, I have a set of cheap 2/1/4 ton's from sears I modified which are now around 10/3/8" high. The larger yellow/black 3 ton and up for trucks craftsmans sells never worked as well for me being too tall- around 12"; the orange stands from habor freight are right around 11".

I've found that with the jack stands you have to be really careful depending on the shape of the tip and height. Overtime I've learned to use the shorter ones initially until you get both sides up, and that it is safest to position them so that the tips are against or nudged securely along the inside leading edge of each jack tab welded along the frame rails. It can prevent the stands tip from slipping during that critical point where one side is up and the other is just being lowered.

merex said:

I made these. . . bottom 'stand' is 10", top is 6".

jack_stands.jpg

Back