• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Jacking

I am the new owner of a 1991 red-black-black . Planning on replacing the muffler and looking for safe jacking help . Would it be acceptable to use my modified floor jack to lift on the rear rocker panel points , one at time and place ramps under the rear wheels ?

I used my floor jack and jack stands when I replaced my exhaust. Worked fine. Just remember to block the front wheels before jacking up the rear.

Obviously use the recommended jacking points only.

Lucas

P.S. A friend is very useful when swapping the exhaust. Same with an impact gun and extension to get in the tight spots.

I am the new owner of a 1991 red-black-black . Planning on replacing the muffler and looking for safe jacking help . Would it be acceptable to use my modified floor jack to lift on the rear rocker panel points , one at time and place ramps under the rear wheels ?

I put a long 2x4 under the front wheels to get the jack under, then pretty much jack as usual. Maybe the back would work.

The jack I use is the torin low profile jack from amazon 45$ ( not recommended for anything heavy).

For a thrill I sometimes jack with my left hand,or wear my driving gloves.....

I am lowered to NSX-R height and cut some 2x6 ramps. I have to drive all 4 wheels up on the ramps and then I can fit my Harbor Freight 3-ton jack under the main jacking point. I jack one side of the car at a time. For an exhaust swap, I go to about 4 teeth above the lowest jack stand setting.

jack

For a thrill I sometimes jack with my left hand,or wear my driving gloves.....

Oh, good to see you like the self service method.........:wink:

- - - Updated - - -

So if Jack helped you on the horse, would you help Jack off the horse?

Back