• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Japanese NSX magazine

I got mine when I was in Taiwan. I couldn't find the Hyper Rev one, but when I was disappointed, there is another mag. laying at the bottom of the mercedes magazines row... "Honda NSX by Tatsumi Mook". I think it's better quality than the Hyper Rev book.

I had the bookstore call and check if they have more and too bad that the whole district only ordered one. It's mine.

Maybe you can post some of the pics inside, I found it there's a lot of exclusive pics, and nsxprime should have couple of those pics.

Don't know anything about the copy right in Japan and on internet, but I guess I'm advertising the book for free since I'm happy with their efforts.:D

If anyone want to get a copy of these mag, there a Japanese market in Chicago that have it in stock.

ajnsx said:
picked up the hyper rev last night, the catalogue of nsx parts inside just extended my spending spree on parts:D

There's another Hyper Rev edition that's been out for a year or two, but it's fully dedicated to the 2002 NSX-R. I highly recommend it, it shows a TON of graphs and charts detailing the new R versus the previous 3.0L R.

Attachments

• nsx-r.jpg
    nsx-r.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 2,433
Thanks for the heads up MAKO, i posted up that type-r magazine last year. It was my favourite mag until this new mooks mag came out.

NSX01

Yes, I would very much like to get my hands on the revised HyperRev book. Have the old one and just got in the new Tatsumi book. Though I cannot read Japanes nor understand it I just want it for my NSX-collection.
However, since I live in the Netherlands, let me know if it is no problem for you. All extra shipping costs at my expense of course.

Please post ISBN Number for the Guides

Please post ISBN Number for the Guides:

Hyper Rev Vol 93

NSX-R Perfect Guide

I will try to order them through my local bookstore.

Thank You!

;)

The ISBN number for Hyper Rev Vol. 93 is:
ISBN4-89107-225-3

The ISBN number for Honda NSX by Tatsumi Mook is:
ISBN4-88641-978-X

I ordered them at my local Japanese bookstore (the one that NSX01 mentioned) and it took them about a week to get them. The Hyper Rev was $28.00 and the Tatsumi Mook book was $31.20. I'm sure they would be happy to take phone/fax/mail orders for additional copies to be shipped. Include the ISBN number, as that makes it MUCH easier for them. Here is their information:

Asahiya Bookstore
Mitsuwa Plaza, Suite 106
100 East Algonquin Road
Arlington Heights IL 60005
847-228-9851
847-228-9606 fax

Just ordered these two books from the shop Ken listed via fax. Local Asian bookstore had no idea how to order them. Thanks for the info, Ken.

i was actually in japan town in san fransisco like 2 weeks ago they had some sick sick nsx and honda magazines and books amazing but i couldnt read it and they were like 60 dollars for a small book and like 30 for a magazine

Juice said:
What do these magazines include? What should I expect to find/see?

I've seen these magazines - NSXBOX owns them.

The left magazine (with imola orange NSX) is in japanese, but shows all the steps in making the NSX plus the various models. It contains some amazing photos with the NSX being dipped sideways into a huge bath. :eek:

The righthand side magazine should have a huge "WARNING" sticker on it. You will end up wanting to mod your NSX like mad after look through it. :D Very very dangerous. ;)

nsxtasy said:
I ordered them at my local Japanese bookstore...
A great resource! thanks Ken. My books arrived as expected. I wouldn't be surprised if they can order the VHS of the NA2 Type-R running the 'ring. I have this tape and its worth a view.

serialNSXer said:
I wouldn't be surprised if they can order the VHS of the NA2 Type-R running the 'ring. I have this tape and its worth a view.
I think they can order pretty much anything that's currently available over there. But it REALLY helps them a lot if you can give them the ISBN number.

NeoNSX said:
I've seen these magazines - NSXBOX owns them.

The left magazine (with imola orange NSX) is in japanese, but shows all the steps in making the NSX plus the various models. It contains some amazing photos with the NSX being dipped sideways into a huge bath. :eek:

The righthand side magazine should have a huge "WARNING" sticker on it. You will end up wanting to mod your NSX like mad after look through it. :D Very very dangerous. ;)

Now I must order it. More $ on something I probably shouldn't see. <sigh> :rolleyes:

If you're in So Cal, Super Autobacs in Stanton carries those magazines/books, along with a lot of other Honda literature & videos w/NSXs.

nsxtasy said:
I think they can order pretty much anything that's currently available over there. But it REALLY helps them a lot if you can give them the ISBN number.
The ISBN for the Type-R video "running the 'ring" is ISBN4-06-308555-4 Best Motoring Video Special Vol.55

Back