• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Jdm NSX parts...

Would anybody here be intersted in buying NSX engines (any model) or transmissions (any model) from Japan? I do not know the market value of them in the U.S. because i never imported them or sold them in the U.S., but if there is a market for them, i will import some. NSX's are not that easy to come by as silvias, etc, but i have seen a few.

I think a lots of people would be interested in 6-speed gear box for theirs 91-96 NSX.
How much a used 6-speed would go for? They are little hard to find in US junk yards
smile.gif

I think he's talking about new ones, not used ones. Just guessing - can you confirm?

If so, pricing will be important, since new USDM ones list here for something like $18K for an engine and $7K for a transmission, although you can get them discounted by some dealers. Used USDM engines and five-speeds aren't too tough to find.

If this is somehow better than what we have now, great! Need more info though.

There is a market for both new and used JDM parts... I've bought both from some US suppliers with "connections". For example, NSX-R components.

The used JDM market is pretty strong, as the "refresh" program nets a large # of used parts.

I suspect that better values will be found in the used markets. New JDM engine/tranny assemblies are likely to be no cheaper than their USDM counterparts.

I would be importing only used parts. I can't give any prices as of now because i was only starting to think about importing NSX parts. I have not seen any transmissions by itself but have seen rear clips once in a while and several engines w/ trannys. I did not ask what model or year did it come from. I will post for further updates on parts. Please be patient as i only recieve shipments every several months.

I would be interested in all components from a japanese NSX that would make my stock headlights HID.

You don't want to do that. The Japanese HID lights are designed with a different beam pattern from North American HID lights. Their right-hand-drive traffic flow causes their headlights to project light ahead and to the left, whereas ours does so ahead and to the right.

The good news is that Lud is working with a vendor to install a new HID kit on his NSX here and assuming all goes well, that is something that can be purchased here in North America.

A couple others have already ordered the Autolamps HID kit as well and in all honesty will probably have time to install it before I do, so we may have reports back within a few weeks.

I do have some ideas for possibly improving the installation (my main goal is to avoid cutting/splicing the high-voltage wires) but I'll need to have the kit to work with to see about feasibity.. If anyone reading this is planning to install the kit in the next few weeks, drop me an e-mail if you'd like to discuss.

Just to clarify - I haven't actually worked with the vendor, I just traded a bunch of e-mails with the NSX owner who did the R&D with Autolamps to make this kit work with the NSX. So if you like it, he gets the credit!

Back