• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

JH4NA2162XT000042 99' Black/Black in Chicago Autotrader...Risky?

Hello everyone,

I am in the market for a Black NSX-T with low miles. I found the car listed above for sale in Chicago. The car has a CT Supercharger, Exhaust, Ground effects, etc. The Owner mentioned something about the transmission possibly hitting a "curb" & the tranny pan was replaced (prior to his ownership).

I appreciated his honesty, but am asking if anyone knows about this car or it's history. He also said that the hood would need to be re-painted to make it perfect. Other then that he said it is in great shape (its missing the owners manual & all service records prior to his ownership, but he said I may be able to call Acura to get them). Evidently the car is going on EBAY this week. Sounds like he is banking on it selling since another CT Supercharged NSX (TONS of mods in NH) is getting activity. The CURRENT owner sounds fairly meticulous.

Anyone is the Chicago area (or elsewhere) with any info would be great. I'm Nervous about this one since I don't know the full story, would you be?

Thanks very much.

Last edited:
I say find one clean and stock(maybe small mods) with no stories and do whatever you want to it to make you happy only if she has everything you want small problems are going to happen with an old car... it happens atleast it isnt a salvage title right?

Thanks for the reply. I am going to pass on this one. While everything may be ok, there is no reason to buy a car w/ a suspect history for this kind of $.

Thanks all.

Thanks for the reply. I am going to pass on this one. While everything may be ok, there is no reason to buy a car w/ a suspect history for this kind of $.

Thanks all.

You may have read a different link.
The one I just tread completely gave a big thumbs up on the car.
You may find a Museum piece out there, I did. But it took me two years.

Back