• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

JH4NA21675S000069 White 05

I went to the dealer yesterday to check out the red one for a member. white one went to auction and now its in another dealers hands.

I wish I did get to see the white one earlier though.

I went to the dealer yesterday to check out the red one for a member. white one went to auction and now its in another dealers hands.

Wonder what it cleared at auction? Probably low 40's? Anyone know? Edit: Meant to say low 50's.

Last edited:
Wonder what it cleared at auction? Probably low 40's? Anyone know?

According to MMR it did $51,100.

I don't know where you can get an o5 with 44k for low 40's but I would love to have one.

According to MMR it did $51,100.

I don't know where you can get an o5 with 44k for low 40's but I would love to have one.

Oops. Typo on my part. Meant low 50's. Post above corrected. :redface:

Last edited:
you could just buy and don't drive for 2 years and sell perhaps for the same price

+1

There's nothing more exhilarating than buying a high performance car and letting it sit for two years than perhaps selling it at a break even* price.

*inflation and opportunity costs not included in break even calculation

Last edited:
+1

There's nothing more exhilarating than buying a high performance car and letting it sit for two years than perhaps selling it at a break even* price.

*inflation and opportunity costs not included in break even calculation

This car just showed up on Exotic Motoers in IL @
1600 Hicks Rd Rolling Meadows.

www.exotic-motors.com
$59,900

about 10 grand more then when it originaly went up for sale in New York.

I was looking at this one before but it was beaten, needed paint work plus interior work. So who knows what the engine was like if the person never took care of the simple things!!!! that my 2 cents.

I am a car dealer in Florida as well as an NSX junkie.

The reality is the car was listed in NY by a company called All City Auto Sales in Queens NY.

It was listed on Manheims Dealer website called OVE (online vehicle exchange) and advertised for $53,000.

I contacted the dealership and spoke to a guy who said his name was Fred and that the car was "fanatically owned" by his friend and had NO paintwork, had all the books and records and keys and was MINT.

Based on that I bought the car and had it sent to Florida, when it showed up I could not believe how bad the car looked, it was a PIG. I have 20 year old cars in better shape.

All 4 wheels were scuffed, the rear bumper had poor touch up work on it, the passenger side read quarter by the air inlet had to HUGE scratches and poor touch up, the front bumper was all chipped up and the hood had some as well and both lower rockers were all scratched and scuffed up.

The front driver side fender was painted, no biggie, but not a virgin car. The oil was dirty, the car had one key and was a BIG disappointment.

I was lucky that since the car was mis-described so much the auction made the dealer buy the car back.

I shipped it back to Manheim PA and the dealer sold it again on the block for $51,000.

The reality was the car could have been made nice, BUT would have never had collector value with all the paintwork needed, and based on the condition probably was never really maintained, white/black is rare, I think one of 4 for 2005.

If you have any questions or want to see pics of the cars short stay in Florida PM me.

NSamX - the only guy without an NSX

I am a car dealer in Florida as well as an NSX junkie.

The reality is the car was listed in NY by a company called All City Auto Sales in Queens NY.

It was listed on Manheims Dealer website called OVE (online vehicle exchange) and advertised for $53,000.

I contacted the dealership and spoke to a guy who said his name was Fred and that the car was "fanatically owned" by his friend and had NO paintwork, had all the books and records and keys and was MINT.

Based on that I bought the car and had it sent to Florida, when it showed up I could not believe how bad the car looked, it was a PIG. I have 20 year old cars in better shape.

All 4 wheels were scuffed, the rear bumper had poor touch up work on it, the passenger side read quarter by the air inlet had to HUGE scratches and poor touch up, the front bumper was all chipped up and the hood had some as well and both lower rockers were all scratched and scuffed up.

The front driver side fender was painted, no biggie, but not a virgin car. The oil was dirty, the car had one key and was a BIG disappointment.

I was lucky that since the car was mis-described so much the auction made the dealer buy the car back.

I shipped it back to Manheim PA and the dealer sold it again on the block for $51,000.

The reality was the car could have been made nice, BUT would have never had collector value with all the paintwork needed, and based on the condition probably was never really maintained, white/black is rare, I think one of 4 for 2005.

If you have any questions or want to see pics of the cars short stay in Florida PM me.

NSamX - the only guy without an NSX

I really wanted this car! Thanks for posting this! I can now sleep at night.

Sleep well my friend, sleep well.

Sam

Thanks for the pics! Now I KNOW I made the right choice keeping mine!

Whoever bought it at the sale, must not have seen it in person!

Thanks for the pics! Now I KNOW I made the right choice keeping mine!

Whoever bought it at the sale, must not have seen it in person!

I guess I'm not seeing what you guys are. When I see an 05 that fits what seems to be the expectation - that being low miles and factory perfect with no paint ever having been done and somehow no chips - go for low 50s, then maybe I'll "get it"

I know people always want to get showroom new for rock bottom dollar at purchase and then get "high retail book" + 80% when they sell the same car a year or two later, but i think its important to be realistic.

A car with 40k+ mi that has some chips and a few scratches is hardly a "poorly maintained beater". As for the fender, maybe there were a few scratches and he resprayed. I don't know what secret exists for not getting a single scratch in 40k miles, but generally you are going to either see a few scratches, or see respray... That's reality. Or you're going to pay far more than most folks seem able to pay.

Last edited:
I guess I'm not seeing what you guys are. When I see an 05 that fits what seems to be the expectation - that being low miles and factory perfect with no paint ever having been done and somehow no chips - go for low 50s, then maybe I'll "get it"

I know people always want to get showroom new for rock bottom dollar at purchase and then get "high retail book" + 80% when they sell the same car a year or two later, but i think its important to be realistic.

A car with 40k+ mi that has some chips and a few scratches is hardly a "poorly maintained beater". As for the fender, maybe there were a few scratches and he resprayed. I don't know what secret exists for not getting a single scratch in 40k miles, but generally you are going to either see a few scratches, or see respray... That's reality. Or you're going to pay far more than most folks seem able to pay.

If you look at my previous posts, I agreed with you a 100%...until I saw the pics sent to me.

I still don't think the car was treated badly maintenance wise. It seemed to go to the dealer very often, but the close up pics show some serious neglect and it seems at least a few bolts have been turned on the body panels.

I can now sleep at night.

+ 1 .... although a nice Type-AAR version made by the owner could be a fun project (including red recaros etc)

+ 1 .... although a nice Type-AAR version made by the owner could be a fun project (including red recaros etc)

That car is a great car to get if you want to go and do those projects, it has the right price attached to it. But like an early post said the oil was dirty and that goes back to what I said earlier. If the outside is in that bad of shape what is the engine like? This is a car to be off the raod for a few years just to get the mileage to normal and re paint and yes put some Recaro seats into it and you will have a gem!!!!!!

Enjoy to who ever buys it.

Cheers!

That red 05 NSX was a demo for a long time, longer than I'd like to remember.:mad: I sold it at Manhiem and some how broke even. Car had previous front end paintwork that didnt match too well, really bad actually. I put about 7k and Acura of Westchester bought it if I remember correctly.

Since I am considered a pro in the car business having been in it for only 25 years, and since I personally saw this car and owned it for around a week here is the bottom line.

The public at large take Carfax, and paintwork/auction reports way to seriously. In fact the car is 5-6 years old, and if it was a Honda, Lexus, Porsche or any daily driver who really cares if it had a painted fender, or a curbed wheel, it does not make the car any better or worse to own and drive, that is a misnomer that people have, they think a painted fender makes the whole car a previous wreck, rather then a key scratch or dent.

Having bought and sold hundreds if not thousands of cars in my 25 years, I see cars with plenty of collision damage repaired that never shows up on carfax or autocheck, and conversely you can have a bumper kiss in a parking lot at the mall with zero damage the police come, file a report and it goes on carfax as a collision.

Manheim is one of the biggest culprits, they advertise cars for Mercedes and BMW at auction with "this car is carfax certified" but they will not HONOR a carfax report if you buy a car with a bad carfax at the auction.

In my opinion, if you do not honor carfax you do not honor carfax, PERIOD. As most dealers know Manheim ALSO REPORTS to carfax.

This NSX was just misrepresented to me and not what MOST people who buy and enjoy an NSX are looking for.

For me it was not worth keeping for ANY price, but for the right person he may have years of enjoyment.

As far as the red car that the dealer in NY has, it is on OVE, and just like the white car was, it is being described as PERFECT, if anyone wants to buy it let me know and I will click the buy tab for you.

NSamX - still without an NSX

As far as the red car that the dealer in NY has, it is on OVE, and just like the white car was, it is being described as PERFECT, if anyone wants to buy it let me know and I will click the buy tab for you.

Might I save you the time, dont bother...:wink:

I am a car dealer in Florida as well as an NSX junkie... Based on that I bought the car and had it sent to Florida, when it showed up I could not believe how bad the car looked, it was a PIG. I have 20 year old cars in better shape... The oil was dirty, the car had one key and was a BIG disappointment.

I didnt drive it or anything, but I saw enough to know it wasnt for my collection...:wink:
I just gotta second both comments from NSX professionals/dealers. There seems to be only two kinds of NSXs—those that have been butchered, and those that are nice—and not much in-between.

My own history driving 100K miles, in 7 NSXs, over 20 years, suggests that appreciation for NSXs is getting worse. With so many new, exotic, "daily-drivers" to pick from (e.g. F458 Italia), and the NSX no longer being sold, the NSX is increasingly being relegated to the has-been pile.

But, each time I've sat in those cool R seats in the NSX, even if after a way long time, its been like a pair of comfortable shoes. An NSX just feels much smaller and nimbler, as compared to the larger/powerful F and P cars. As I said in another thread, an NSX is never about the absolutes about the car, but rather the relative way it makes me feel.

As Spock once said, "...it's not logical, but it's often true..."

There seems to be only two kinds of NSXs—those that have been butchered, and those that are nice—and not much in-between.

So true .....

My own history driving 100K miles, in 7 NSXs, over 20 years, suggests that appreciation for NSXs is getting worse. With so many new, exotic, "daily-drivers" to pick from (e.g. F458 Italia), and the NSX no longer being sold, the NSX is increasingly being relegated to the has-been pile.

But, each time I've sat in those cool R seats in the NSX, even if after a way long time, its been like a pair of comfortable shoes. An NSX just feels much smaller and nimbler, as compared to the larger/powerful F and P cars. As I said in another thread, an NSX is never about the absolutes about the car, but rather the relative way it makes me feel.

As Spock once said, "...it's not logical, but it's often true..."

It may not be logical but when you drive one as you say it reminds you of a nimble racer - those kinds of things will keep the NSX off the "has been pile" if you ask me. Just drive one and it will make a believer out of you and it really doesn't matter if it's an NA1 or 2 - they drive well.

I have not gotten a chance to drive an NA2 yet and would love to - but I'm enjoying mine so much that it's not a big deal. The only thing I feel sure about is that the 6 speed transforms the car! If you could just go to Honda and get a nice new 6 speed bolted in and not kill you on price there would be a line at every dealership till the conversions were completed I would imagine.

Even still as I drove mine out last evening at about 8:15 and took about a 40 min. drive around the roads I like to drive - I'll never tell where they are in Atlanta- but you get the feel of the mountains and some really nice sweepers - I was reminded how much fun it is to drive the car fast - well pretty fast - within reason - but still most spirited. The car has a little issue into second - but that is quickly remedied with a little depression of the right pedal. It doesn't take long to get it right back up and man it just blasts in the v tech and then into third you are at 90 mph before you know it! That car by todays standards may not keep up with a Ferrari - and guys it only did that for a very short time in the early 90s- Ferrari after all is in another league and will always be - so back to the story - it's just a wonderful car - nimble and very quick and still has performance that other cars merely wish they had.

The NSX will always be sought after by those in the know! There are many in the "know" - enough that have always loved the NSX to keep our cars in the valuable column. NO DOUBT! Our cars are only going to go up in value as the years roll by. This is not like a 964 - fast but .....- the purchase price of a Porsche is only the BEGINNING - it still costs like hell to maintain - the older they get the more that becomes evident - try buying a 25k 1991 964 and see if you don't find that out real quickly. Yes these cars have one more thing going for them - if they are properly maintained over the years there are not too many things that will bite you in the butt! Sure a TB or WP - what else? A steering rack - 1000 - ok - the ac - oh if only the air cooled Porsches could even approach the ac of the NSX - they don't! So our cars are great cars and they run like the wind - they handle like a go cart - they are low and svelt and look great and will for a long long time to come.

We're not relegated to any heap....:wink:

This car got beaten to death .....regardless of what it was, the number of mind readers-soothsayers on Prime never fails amaze me.

"Just the Facts ma'am" -Joe Friday....Dragnet

Now on Ebay, and apparently it was really detailed!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Acur...548002QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks#ht_29557wt_1158

5923452_28.jpg

5923452_25.jpg

5923452_24.jpg

5923452_15.jpg

Back