• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Jin1976 Engine Compartment

After my try to DIY paint my engine compartment I let the professional to deal with it. Valve covers are painted Rosso Corsa red.

5772DSC00259.jpg

5772DSC00260.jpg

5772DSC00261.jpg

Wow that looks awesome.

very nice and shiny!

Now THAT is one clean Engine Bay!!! :biggrin:

thats gorgeous,

and if anyone is gonna custom paint their car, and not complete gut it, take a black car, cuz the black engine bay looks awesome IMO!

rickysals said:
thats gorgeous,

and if anyone is gonna custom paint their car, and not complete gut it, take a black car, cuz the black engine bay looks awesome IMO!

I was thinking the same thing :wink:

My car was originally red. Engine bay was red. So this vacation I was planning to DIY paint my engine bay. Cleaned everything, degrease, cover everything. Then when I spray it bubbles. The same day I sent it to the workshop to clean the mess and asked them to paint it black. I also ask them to paint the valve cover. Paint used was the high temperature resistance Dupont. Gloss black for the wall and Rosso Corsa for the valve covers. Cost was about USD 200 including the paint and labour.

At first thought I wanted to paint the valve cover blue but think too many cars painted their covers to match the body colour. Then I thought NSX-R 02 is red, F360 is also red.

Back