• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Juice Fast...anyone done this?

Great info guys.

For the ones that are on healthy diet plans...are you doing this by yourself?

It is hard to stay on top of it when I'm doing this alone. I'm sure if I were married I could have a buddy to keep healthy with.

I will start an exercising regiment and healthy eating plans but it seems I can't stick with it. I'm normally trying to do this by myself and it just doesn't work :frown:

Here's my story:

I'm 22, 6'5'' and 270 lbs. I really hadn't physically matured until college, so in high school I was skinny. In high school I was used to burning 5,000 calories a day due to swimming. Being on that kind of schedule was insane! Then I went to college, stopped swimming & working out because I was so busy. Since high school, I've grown 3-4 inches taller and added who knows how much weight. It's never been because of drinking and partying in college, design school is super hard and stressful so that hasn't been an issue.

It was mostly a physical shock for me. Burning 5,000 calories and eating like a tank...to still eating like a tank and no working out.

I've tried working out since then and eating right but I've never had a consistent schedule that would allow me to get healthier. Getting back into shape is extremely hard when your sleep schedule is all messed up and eating habits are random. And picking up smoking cigarettes didn't help either.

The last two summers I've had a consistent schedule and actually saw myself loose weight and feel healthier. It was great. Then I return to school and old habits come back.

sounds like you are probably eating high caloric fast food and grazing,meaning anything that is lying around,or vending food is fair game.Try not snacking and only eating 4-5 small meals throughout the day but not 1 hr before bed.

I hate to break it to you guys but the general feeling of "well being" "transformation"" enlightenment" ect that comes with any of these radical diets,sweat lodges,massage with hot rocks,rakie,ect ect is due to the simple power of suggestion/placebo effect.Sorry you can argue all you want.Our minds are often the hardest "organ" to control.:wink:

That's why my juice diet often ends with mixing it with Vodka! :biggrin:

Back