• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just bought a 2005 modded.......comments please

Ok I just finalized the price and subsequent purchase on this 2005:

05 ACURA NSX-T
4-spd A/T
13,760 miles
Comptech Super Charger
Comptech Headers
HRE Rims
Lojack
Paid: $55.0K

My questions are:

I know people are anti a/t and CTSC kits, but if it not “beat on” is it really an issue ??
Honest thoughts, comments or opinions on the car ????

Thanks everyone and it is nice to have another NSX. The last one was a 93 about 7 years ago.

Here she is:

nsx.jpg

engine.jpg

undercarriage.jpg

rim.jpg

engine2.jpg

airbox.jpg

sideview.jpg

Last edited:
Nice looking car. Welcome back.

Nice looking car. Welcome back.

Thanks !!
Looking for some feedback on it: good, bad or indifferent

I couldn't get my last user ID to work so I have a new one.

Congrats! If Automatic is what you wanted who cares what anyone else says.

Looks to be in superb condition.

Yes, it is immaculate !!

Last edited:
well with the SC its a has a tiny bit more HP that a bone Stock Manual tranny. with that being said someone is gonna post the dyno of this car and make me feel stupid so go ahead and post it

nice car. the rims alone are worth 4-5K HRE right?

I am sorry I just cant get over the Auto tranny.

dont track it cuz with that torque with the SC you will tear that tranny up.

thats why they DE-TUNED the Auto engines to reduce the torque as the tranny cant handle it.

its still only 3.0L engine 1991-2005 autos are 3.0L.

dont floor it. you might hear a bang and a clank that would be your tranny

well with the SC its a has a tiny bit more HP that a bone Stock Manual tranny. with that being said someone is gonna post the dyno of this car and make me feel stupid so go ahead and post it

nice car. the rims alone are worth 4-5K HRE right?

I am sorry I just cant get over the Auto tranny.

dont track it cuz with that torque with the SC you will tear that tranny up.

thats why they DE-TUNED the Auto engines to reduce the torque as the tranny cant handle it.

its still only 3.0L engine 1991-2005 autos are 3.0L.

dont floor it. you might hear a bang and a clank that would be your tranny

Well thanks for the honesty. Yes the HRE Rims are about $6K

Was hoping for more than just comments on the automatic tranny lol

Last edited:
you want comments? I got you a few comments

I love the color, I wish mine was Silver. they always stand out I think.

the rims are top of the line.

I love the metal looking dash trim for that year.

the rear end of the 02-05 are so cool, its an upgrade well worth the price for me.

the tail lights are thought out better with the yellow turn indicators. thats my next purchase.

the engine looks mean the Name Comptech is scary enough for me.

hows that. lol

Congrats on your purchase and reappearance in NSX-World! Beautiful car all around. No guess on what you paid, but it doesn't really matter does it? If you're happy with the purchase and the deal that is all that matters. There will always be someone who says you "overpaid" or "stole it". Who knows.

It is a great lookin NSX! Enjoy :biggrin: Jay

(Presume you reside in NC?)

Congrats on your purchase and reappearance in NSX-World! Beautiful car all around. No guess on what you paid, but it doesn't really matter does it? If you're happy with the purchase and the deal that is all that matters. There will always be someone who says you "overpaid" or "stole it". Who knows.

It is a great lookin NSX! Enjoy :biggrin: Jay

(Presume you reside in NC?)

Thanks for the compliments. Yeah I am in NC in the Charlotte area.

When I was buying my car this was one i was considering.

I personally didnt want it due to it being an an automatic (but i wont mention the automatic thing) Its a beautiful, and clean car. After having a modded car in the past and having a hard time selling it.. I wanted stock.

beautiful car though

It should be a fun car. I wouldnt worry about the auto. The car looks gorgeous.

There are some places that can beef up the auto If you want to run more power.

Did it come with a comptech engine cover? If you dont want it I am looking for one.

Congrats on the car.

Last edited:
It should be a fun car. I wouldnt worry about the auto. The car looks gorgeous.

There are some places that can beef up the auto If you want to run more power.

Did it come with a comptech engine cover? If you dont want it I am looking for one.

Congrats on the car.

It came as it is shown. And as of now I am not parting with anything lol

Although with the CTSC what would be the HP ???? I was told 415 range.
I may hit you up if the tranny proves to be not strong enough over time.

It came as it is shown. And as of now I am not parting with anything lol

Although with the CTSC what would be the HP ???? I was told 415 range.
I may hit you up if the tranny proves to be not strong enough over time.

Figure 230RWHP for a 3.0 and then maybe another 70RHWP for the comptech.

So 300RWHP. Maybe 330HP-340HP.

Overall, it is a very nice car. Personally speaking, shifting those gears manually is one of the great pleasures of driving the NSX. I am also not crazy about the chrome-like wheels. I think having black or dark gray center would look much better with the car.

Congrat again on the nice car.

You liked it, you bought it, who cares what others think. They don't have to pay for it or drive it.

I agree 100%. I am the type that likes feedback, ideas, thoughts and such.
But I have NO complaints. It is a gorgeous car in pristine shape.

Overall, it is a very nice car. Personally speaking, shifting those gears manually is one of the great pleasures of driving the NSX. I am also not crazy about the chrome-like wheels. I think having black or dark gray center would look much better with the car.

Congrat again on the nice car.

Already considered having them powder coated but it looks great in person so I am unsure yet.

Last edited:
comtech.jpg

05 ACURA NSX-T
6-spd A/T
13,760 miles
Comptech Super Charger
Comptech Headers
HRE Rims
Lojack

Think you meant "4 spd A/T." ?

Congratulations! Great looking NSX.

You did not mention whether you viewed the previous discussion here on this NSX for sale in Las Vegas... prior owner is on Prime.

I am also not crazy about the chrome-like wheels. I think having black or dark gray center would look much better with the car.

I rather like them with silver. I dislike black wheels, even on a Berliner. Personal taste. Not nuts about gold calipers, or red for that matter. I'd do them up black and highlight the "NSX" in silver.

Apart from that, it is as you said, very much a clean looking unit.

Last edited:
Figure 230RWHP for a 3.0 and then maybe another 70RHWP for the comptech.

So 300RWHP. Maybe 330HP-340HP.

Thats 230whp with a 5 speed nsx, on a Auto the stock whp number should be in the 200whp range due to 20 less hp at the crank and the torque converter sucking more hp.

Very clean looking nsx by the way, also to the poster above, the calipers comes gold stock. They were not painted or altered in anyway. I suspect you probably paid in the high 60K range for that NSX given the year and mods.

Last edited:
Beautiful car! Most owners prefer manuals, but the paddle shift automatics may some day turn out more valuable due to their rarity. If I am not mistaken Honda never built more than a dozen per year?? I certainly wouldn't let it bother me, just enjoy this wonderful car.

By the way, what part of NC? I live in the Raleigh area and have a roster of about 40 owners in the general NC area.

Welcome to the NSX community!

John

but the paddle shift automatics may some day turn out more valuable due to their rarity.

I really don't think the automatics will be "more valuable" some day. If you look at the prices of the C2 Corvettes you'll find that the automatics don't bring as much money. That being said there will always be a need for automatic cars because some folks never learn how to drive a stick. On that same topic a buddy of mine has a brother who used to fly the F117 fighter (now flies F16's) and he never learned how to drive a stick. I always thought that was funny.

Beautiful car by the way. Enjoy it.

Thats 230whp with a 5 speed nsx, on a Auto the stock whp number should be in the 200whp range due to 20 less hp at the crank and the torque converter sucking more hp.

Very clean looking nsx by the way, also to the poster above, the calipers comes gold stock. They were not painted or altered in anyway. I suspect you probably paid in the high 60K range for that NSX given the year and mods.

Right but with headers and exhaust I think 230 sounds right.

Regardless, if someone told you it was 415hp they were way lying.

Last edited:
Back