• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just Did a Compression Test

Well,

Since I have removed and sold my CTSC, I am now going the LoveFab route. So, we decided to run a quick compression test to see where I stand. The car currently has 110,700 miles on it. We ran the test three times, and were pretty darn amazed at the results.

Bank 1 - 225
Bank 2 - 225
Bank 3 - 225
Bank 4 - 220
Bank 5 - 225
Bank 6 - 225

All I can say is wow. I love these motors. Absolutely amazing. There are some NSXs with 75,000 miles and under that dont put down these numbers.

Good stuff.

Nathan

Yeah I know these motors are bullet proof aren't they!?!

When I did mine at 135,000+ miles it was something like, 215, 215, 215, 212, 215, 215.

**EDIT**

Ok, I found my old thread and the actual numbers were:
212, 210, 210
210, 215, 210

Last edited:
Yeah I know these motors are bullet proof aren't they!?!

When I did mine at 135,000+ miles it was something like, 215, 215, 215, 212, 215, 215.

Wow. Those are really impressive numbers as well for 135,xxx. Have you done another comp test sicne you put on your factor x kit? Or did you end up building the motor?

Wow. Those are really impressive numbers as well for 135,xxx. Have you done another comp test sicne you put on your factor x kit? Or did you end up building the motor?

Nope the motor got completely rebuilt to handle the added power so that was my last real reading. I guess I'll have to rack up another 135K miles to see if it holds up just as well with 500+ hp. :tongue:

What altitude are you guys at and gauge? Altitude affects it
The service manual says 140sh to 199 is normal, but I don't buy it..

My gauge showed between 200-210, and my shops gauge showed around 230...

VegasNSX, when did you get those compression test numbers done? Those are pretty impressive.

wow, great numbers and that is a definite confidence booster(no pun intended) as you move forward with another FI choice.
Also sounds like the CTSC doesn't hurt the engine one little bit. Good selling point for that product as well.
I assume you have factory build currently?

2200', not sure on the gauge. It was Factor X's. Oh and I found my old thread and got the actual numbers:
212, 210, 210
210, 215, 210

Well, Nashville is at 597 Ft in elevation (according to wiki). But the compression test took place in Ashland City, just outside of Nashville. I believe its elevation is 427 Ft.

wow, great numbers and that is a definite confidence booster(no pun intended) as you move forward with another FI choice.
Also sounds like the CTSC doesn't hurt the engine one little bit. Good selling point for that product as well.
I assume you have factory build currently?

That is what I was thinking. The CTSC definitely doesnt hurt a thing. And that was a very good pun by the way.

Yes I still have the factory build.

Back