• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just go my NSX Yesterday and already a problem

I just got my 96 ,BLACK/BLACK and it is AWESOME. I drove it late yesterday afternoon and it was a blast. It has COMPTECH intake, headers, exhaust plus Fuji adjustable shocks. It is very quiet relative to my 1st one, a 95 with Comptech headers, JGTC parallel exit exhaust, and Cantrell cold air intake. I ordered a set of testpipes from Dali and after I pass emisssions I am going to put those on with the Comptech exhaust.

What kind of exhaust note should I expect then? Is that going to be substancially louder, or am I gonna have to take out the JGTC out of the storage unit?

I have the JDM dark tail light lenses with the "H" on the back in storage and I ordered another black "H" logo for the front. The Acura looks nice on the back, but , in my opinion, JDM dark lenses look awesome on a shiny black car, plus the Cajuns around here don't know what it is with the "H" on it and they ask all kind of silly questions.

Also, as I was driving today the check engine light came at the exact same time the TCS warning light came on. I turned the ignition off, checked my parking brake, but, after 3 times the problem still persists. I am at a loss as to what it could be? Does anybody know what might cause that? How to fix it without going to the dealership?

I also have the SOS stage 2 Pseudophile system from my 95 in storage(minus the wiring), but, the Bose system in this car sounds so good I might have to sell The SOS system.

I am getting TONS of compliments on the TSW MONTAGE wheels, 19 in rear , 18 in front. I will post pictures soon. I am surprised NSX owners have not gone after this wheel.

Finally I got the NSX car cover(OEM) and the OEM sheepskin inserts in the mail today. The inserts seem to be too big although they say NSX on them. Does anyone know where I can get installation instructions for the sheepskin inserts?

Anyway, it is nice to be in the saddle again! Thanks Prime!

Has anyone had a similar program where there TCS and check engine light came on at the same time. I've had the TCS light come on and stay lit if I drove off with the emergency brake inadvertenly left pulled up, but, that was not the case here.

Nevertheless, I stopped the vehicleand checked to make sure the emergency brake was, in fact, not in the up position at all. I killed the engine, 3 times, and the problem still persisted.

Maybe when I go to work everthing will be ok, but, I doubt it.

Also, temp, oil pressure and alternator output were in the normal ranges that I am accustomed to from my previous 95.

Thanks, Prescott

Get the code. Do not worry about the TCS light, because when you find the coide it will tell you where to look. The later models(OBDII) tend to set the TCS light when the CEL is set. No biggie.

HTH,
LarryB

I had the same 2 lights come on at the same time in my 95 a while ago. Turned out to be a bad O2 sensor. Might be your problem also.

I had the same 2 lights come on at the same time in my 95 a while ago. Turned out to be a bad O2 sensor. Might be your problem also.

That was exactly what happened to my car about a year ago.

stupid question but...is ur gas cap on ok? are the '02 sensors connected ok? was the exhaust/headers a shoddy install- have the wires been stripped by heat or rubbing?

Last edited:
You know , now that I think about it, I put gas in my car right before the light came on,and I might not have screwed it shut tight enough(i.e. till it clicks) Thanks

Thats one of the most common causes of the check engine light to come on. Try refastening that, driving around for a while and see if it goes away. If still on, perhaps a quick reset of the ECU followed by a drive to see if it goes? If still nothing, you're probably gonna have to get the code.

Just went through this the week before the CalCoastal Canyon Drive. Same deal.

Back