• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just got my car tuned...

Hey guys I just got my car chipped and tuned from Brian at Prospeed. I am fairly very happy with the result, except that my front bank O2 sensor was bad:mad: My mods are Fujita intake, Taitec headers, testpipe, and custom mandrel bent Flowmaster exhaust. I was surprised to see how my car came off pretty strong. First run it pulled out 266whp/194ftlb. I did not expect to pull out that much. Here's the graph. As you can see, Brian managed to pull atleast 6-8 hp across the whole band with my messed up o2 sensor. Every run, the check engine light would come on because of my o2 sensor, which would go into limp mode so he couldn't really tune the upper powerband that well. But overall, I'm happy with the results. After I get my sensor installed, I'll get it tuned again and post up the results. Thanks Brian:smile: . Oh, and thanks Steve for hooking me up:wink:

Attachments

• my dyno1.jpg
    my dyno1.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 156
I recently saw that Science of Speed sells O2 sensor replacements for all year NSXs at a better price than what you would get from a dealer:cool:

Replace the sensor and post up the dyno results after :biggrin:

Alright guys I have gotten my car retuned on a dynapack. And I am so amazed with the gains. It's been a while since the first tune but was well worth the wait. I have replaced my o2 sensor which was bad during the first tune and I also changed my fujita intake with stock box/uni filter. This was at a different shop using dynapack, as I've heard it's much more accurate than any other dynos. The dynapack is going to read lower numbers than on a dynojet. So here's the graph. The first close green dotted line was with the stock rom, second green dotted line is with the stage 3 rom, and the last yellow line is the remarkable fine tuning done by Brian. I've gained 17.3 lbs/ft and 18.7whp SAE corrected! Now that's what I'm talking what!! Definitely felt the extra acceleration. Pulls much stonger than I've expected! Throughout the whole powerband, I've gained 5-19 hp, increasing as rpm goes up.. This is crazy. You guys be the judge of this! I strongly believe any rom will not give you this kind of gains! even with just the stage 3! Remember I only have I/H/E that's it! I wanna thank Brian for all this and he has been a great service! There has been some misunderstandings here and there, but I'm not complaining anymore :biggrin: But he's the man to bring this type of service to our nsxprime members. Happy motoring guys! :biggrin:

Attachments

• TonyNSXCustom.jpg
    TonyNSXCustom.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 133
Nice results, good thing you switched back to the OEM airbox. Its the best design out there.

I recently saw that Science of Speed sells O2 sensor replacements for all year NSXs at a better price than what you would get from a dealer:cool:

Replace the sensor and post up the dyno results after :biggrin:

I bought mine from SOS and noticed later that Oxygensensors.com have better prices.

Back