Just got the BEST game

The game i just got is Sega GT, it has the most AWESOME cars in it, lancers, fairladys, RX-7s, skylines, AND EVEN THE NSX S-ZERO! take it from me, this game destroys GT, not only for the sheer fact that all the cars are awesome and most arent seen in the US, but also the graphics rule
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by M5150 (edited 16 October 2000).]

M5150,
You stay in school, you study, you get job, you work, you save, you work, you save, you work, you save, you get NSX!!! Now that's not so bad...

Originally posted by TampaBayNSX-R:
M5150,
You stay in school, you study, you get job, you work, you save, you work, you save, you work, you save, you get NSX!!! Now that's not so bad...

Do what I do. Make games, play (ahem, research) games, AND get a NSX
wink.gif

SEGA GT? I don't think so. Gran Turismo 3 on PS2 is going to be THE game to get (I played it at E3 and can't wait)...and like all the GTs, it has the NSX, NSX Type S Zero, and racing NSXs!

------------------
--akira3D ('00 NSX-T red/black #113)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 16 October 2000).]

GT2000 was renamed to GT3
(Gran Turismo 3: A Spec)

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 17 October 2000).]

The thing is, when you ram into a wall in Gran Turismo, you don't cause any damage to your $80K+ NSX! I won't be tracking my NSX any time soon...(but notice I never say never)
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 17 October 2000).]

maomaonsx

You ask who has time for games when there is real racing to be done? ME because in a few weeks I'd say 4 its going to get really cold and start to snow like crazy! So my car will be in storage so it will be movies, weight lifting, snow boarding, and VIDEO GAMES!
smile.gif

Also GT3 will be the game to own if you can get a Playstation 2 to play it on! I've got a connection so I'll be playin!
smile.gif

Originally posted by M5150:
hell, if it wasnt for video games i wouldnt be doing 3d artistry WHICH is my ticket to a brand spankin NSX (i hope, please god please show mercy and give me an NSX!!!!!!)
wink.gif

Hoping and asking for mercy won't get you a NSX. Working hard to develop your talent and trading your social life for long hours at the office will make more of a difference...trust me
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 18 October 2000).]

Anyone play F355 Challenge for Dreamcast? Now that is one great game!!! I had Sega GT for about two weeks...then F355 came out...returned Sega GT.

By the way, what's with us 3D people liking this car? Seems to be alot of common interest...

------------------
Got dat ol' vee six cilnder inder?

I have F355 too. Great game, especially played with the Mad Catz steering wheel.

BTW, Monaco Grand Prix is an awesome game for the Dreamcast.

It takes a 3D artist to truly appreciate the beauty of the NSX
wink.gif

BTW, I went to the Sony PS2 launch party last night and got to play Gran Turismo 3: A Spec! It's fricken awesome!!!! I drove a racing modified NSX around the familiar Deep Forest track, only the track looked 100 times better, the car was amazingly detailed, reflections actually showed the world as it zipped by (seeing an overpass you just passed under disappear in your reflection is quite a sight), and GT3 held a constant 60fps. The replays are unreal with depth of field blurring, heat distortions, etc....even the non-NSXs looked amazing. Control was as solid as ever, heightened by the higher frame rate. And the menus / selection screens are the most polished I've seen with DVD video running behind the incredibly detailed 3D models of the cars.

It's going to be a long wait for this one!

Man I can't wait for GT3...gonna be awesome...

Hey Akira, I guess you follow the game industry pretty closely...being directly involved and all, but have you been to: http://www.granturismo.com

There are some cool forums there for info on games...for anyone interested anyway.

Game development is coming along nicely. Is Naughty Dog developing any titles for the PS2?

The car models are incredible as are the atmospheric effects and reflections. But I still wish they had time/room to model the wheels for the cars...like in the selection screens. The in-game cars have shaders for wheel spokes and such...Or have they changed that?

------------------

Originally posted by scottjua:
have you been to: http://www.granturismo.com
that?

Certainly have. The owner of the site also happens to be a NSX owner...and one who does post to the Prime from time to time.

There are some cool forums there for info on games...for anyone interested anyway.

I've gotten tired of posting there as there's no love for the NSX in their real-world car forums. And I'm still working my way through the first GT (I want to win at all of the challenges before I move on to GT2 and 3)

Is Naughty Dog developing any titles for the PS2?

Yep. We've got one in the works (not for launch) and it will NOT feature Crash Bandicoot. Unfortunately, that's all I can say about it at this time.

But I still wish they had time/room to model the wheels for the cars

Since GT3 has the detail in the selection screens, they obviously had time to model it.

I don't think it is a matter of time or room, but a question of system performance. I personally modeled a relatively low poly NSX that ended up consuming 75000 polygons in each tire alone. Making anything look round is going to blow a lot of polys, add detail for the rims and tread and forget about putting it on a real time gaming system...even one as powerful as PS2.

That said, I didn't actually notice if the in-game wheels were significantly less detailed than their selection screen counterparts. But, at a glance, they were significantly more round and detailed than anything in GT or GT2.

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 20 October 2000).]

Well actually I didn't think about the time thing...duh :P...I guess they would be done already...UNLESS...they are using slightly different models for the in-game cars...(lower poly count) but that wouldn't be right unless only the wheels were different...

By room, I meant what you were saying...poly count...like you said, TOO MANY for the system to handle especially when there are several cars on the grid...and then you get wheels like BBS...oh man...

I have noticed though on one Dreamcast game that they have very nicely modeled cars...Tokyo Extreme Racer 2 (which includes the NSX) Although not quite up to the visuals of GT3 the game does look pretty spiffy, AND they have polygonal wheels (in-game) that is. But the in game GT3 wheels look like top notch shaders...with lighting effects...I think...atleast in replay...maybe you can concur...

I saw your 3D NSX on your site...pretty bad ass!!! I need to get my professional site up some day...so I can show my 3D as well...

And when I get an NSX...
smile.gif

They have a Ferrari game, or two...they have a Porsche game...they need to make a HONDA game...atleast that would justify the plethora of NSXs to drive in one game...(they= game developers of the world)

------------------

Originally posted by scottjua:
They have a Ferrari game, or two...they have a Porsche game...they need to make a HONDA game...atleast that would justify the plethora of NSXs to drive in one game...

I'm pretty satisfied with the Honda / Acura presence in the GT series. I believe there are more than four different models of NSXs in GT3 (NSX coupe, more than one racing modified NSX, a Type S, a Type S Zero). My GT1 garage already has a Prelude, an Integra Type R, and a NSX Type S Zero. I plan to add the S2000 whenever I get around to play GT2. What more could you want? (I supposed you'd like to see a NSX-T, NSX-R, and a Zanardi edition...)

You probably noticed I'm just a bit Sony biased. What else would you expect from someone who worked on four Crash Bandicoot games?

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 20 October 2000).]

Back