• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just got the Kite front mesh guards from Mita Motorsports

They fit like crap and i'm afraid of forcing them into the side holes in the front bumper. Anyone have any experience installing these? Instructions are in Japanese but it should be a simple install. Do I need to shave these......so frustrating on something so simple.

I have them too- haven't fitted yet but being a small fiberglass mold, I expected some fiddly fitment. You might have to break out the dremel and/or sandpaper to get it just right. It's the price you pay for saving $$$ off the OEM part lol.

Does anyone have pics of these mesh grills installed on their NSX that they can post?

Thanks!nengun-8601-1000-garagekite-nsx_front_bumper_side_mesh_guard-913c4911.png

Here's a shot of mine. I don't remember it being difficult to install, but I did use longer bolts.

Attachments

• 20230904_112850.jpg
    20230904_112850.jpg
    296.8 KB · Views: 54
Here's a shot of mine. I don't remember it being difficult to install, but I did use longer bolts.
Thank You! Got a full-facing front shot showing both grills?

Here you go. You will probably need to zoom in to notice. Ignore the chipped paint on the chassis bar 😞

Attachments

• DSC_0442b.jpg
    DSC_0442b.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 42
Here you go. You will probably need to zoom in to notice. Ignore the chipped paint on the chassis bar 😞

Thank you!

They look good, but once on an NSX, in contrast, they end up making the middle opening look like it "needs something" fitted into its opening, so as to 'balance out' the front appearance so the middle doesn't appear 'naked' or 'missing something'...I dunno. I do think that even by themselves though, they for sure add to the overall appearance.

I have never thought of the screens as an appearance upgrade. You don't really notice the screens unless you get down and look or stand way out in front and take pictures of the car. I view it as more of a 'protect the soft aluminum condenser and radiator aluminum fins from 110 km/hr grasshoppers and stones' upgrade. I have the Dali condenser and radiator shields which have been effective at keeping the bugs out of the fins.

When I installed mine that have since been removed for jdm foglights I remember using longer bolts than what the car came with and the longer ones came from a second gen legend that uses similar but slightly longer ones on the front bumper

I always found leaves in there before I installed mine. If Kite made something to match for the center opening, I would buy it.

This is an NSX-R part that was ported over to the S and S-Zero. It's meant to increase front downforce.
Now I am mystified. I presume the increase in down force / reduction in lift comes from reducing air flow through the wheel well condenser exits and under the front tray? Since the NSX-R had no air conditioning, why wouldn't they just completely block air flow with a solid insert if that was the objective?

Now I am mystified. I presume the increase in down force / reduction in lift comes from reducing air flow through the wheel well condenser exits and under the front tray? Since the NSX-R had no air conditioning, why wouldn't they just completely block air flow with a solid insert if that was the objective?
Yep, it's to reduce airflow through the wheel well. The NSX-R had A/C as an option, so they couldn't close it off completely.

Back