• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just installed test pipes

I'm running the Taitec Gtlw exhaust on my car and wanted a louder exhaust note so i put a set of test pipes on. I cant believe how loud the car is now. Its 10x louder. I did the same on my S2000 and many other cars since i live in Fl and there are no tests. None of my cars ever got as loud as this. There is no drone but its crazy loud. The cats seemed very restrictive by the diameter of the pipe inside. I'm going to try and dyno it again to see what difference it has made

Too loud in my opinion.

But NOTHING was louder then my S2000 straight piped.

It is loud but its not my everyday car. I'm also planning on upgrading to AEM and the larger pulley very soon. After seeing how much smaller the diameter of the pipe inside the cat is compared to the header and exhaust on a FI motor it has to be restrictive. I'm going back to the dyno to see. The temp is about the same as when I last dynoed it a month ago. So the results should be fairly accurate

It is loud but its not my everyday car. I'm also planning on upgrading to AEM and the larger pulley very soon. After seeing how much smaller the diameter of the pipe inside the cat is compared to the header and exhaust on a FI motor it has to be restrictive. I'm going back to the dyno to see. The temp is about the same as when I last dynoed it a month ago. So the results should be fairly accurate

"Keeping the miles off your car is like not have sex with your girlfriend so she is tight for the next guy"

:tongue:

I would live to drive my more but winter here wont allow it. If we get FL or CA weather, I would druve it every day.

Hey Blacknot I have the same setup as you. Were you able to get the engine light to stay off. I installed the spark plug none fouler but light still comes on.

Hey Blacknot I have the same setup as you. Were you able to get the engine light to stay off. I installed the spark plug none fouler but light still comes on.

Once I get the 00-05 pipes done, they will not have any CEL -

Hoping I can get them finished soon!

The guy had make then only installed 1 anti fouler in each pipe so the light came on after a about 20 miles. I just added the second ones so it should fix it. In my S2000 I also had to run 2 for the light to stay off. In my experience it has always taken at least 2 since just the one doesn't pull the O2 sensor far enough away

Back