• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just test drove a 2002 M5

Let me just say WOW. This car has soooo much torque and power in every gear. It was an extreme blast to drive. I was surprised the dealer let me and my bud take it out by ourselves. I punched it off the line it spun the tires in 1st and chirped them into 2nd. Very fast car, but would not take one over the nsx.

I love the way the previous generation BMW 5 series looked. I have always wanted to get an M5 or E55 as a daily but the cost of maintenance after warranty seems too excessive to me.

I had an 01 for a bit. Awesome car but mine suffered from the all too common carbon build issues. Check M5board.com. Tons of useful information. Very Fast car, true baller status! The wood interior was terrible. The sound sytem is great but the long throws of the 6 speed detracted from the fun. I got real got money for mine, an 01 with 19k about 9 months ago....alsmost $39k if I remember correctly.:biggrin:

I had a 2000 M5 in Germany when I lived there, absolutely loved it, and guess what...

The guy I bought my NSX from is now driving a 00, M5...:wink: (almost a key for key swap):eek:

eNeSeX 95T said:
Let me just say WOW. This car has soooo much torque and power in every gear. It was an extreme blast to drive. I was surprised the dealer let me and my bud take it out by ourselves. I punched it off the line it spun the tires in 1st and chirped them into 2nd. Very fast car, but would not take one over the nsx.

If you could, have both. I love my NSX, but the M5 scares the @*%$ out of me. I have done few mods to mine, the best was the short shifter, custom stereo and the exhust.

I feel they are two different animals. I've seen 2000 M5's going at a very resonable prices. Think about or drive it more.

Let me know, if you have any questions.

Late

Back