• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just wondering....

I'm guessing that I am in the minority, but I 'chose' a random plate. I didn't want to seem snobby or arrogant (this may or may not be a perception others would have - I don't know). Did anyone else do this?

I happen to fall in the category of 'must-mod'. =P I think that the manufacturers when they designed the car did as all manufacturers do, and created the car with a somewhat conservative touch so that it would be acceptable to the masses. However, there are modifications out there that I think make the car just that much more special. Better looking rims, HID kits, NAV setups, etc. And those are just cosmetic changes!!! Unfortunately, most Ferrari owners don't 'drive' their cars. I think most NSX owners do. And thats the beauty of it. Acura/Honda created an exotic that ppl would want to get in and drive, instead of just admire from the outside or get in and hope that the trip to the gas station doesn't cause it to go back in the shop for another 3 months.
wink.gif
I dunno about specialized license plates but I do say, Make it yours!!!

Originally I had really wanted to get a personalized licensed plate. I had several options that I had been looking into. But in the end I decided that getting an easily remembered plate was probably more likely to cause me trouble. And hence I settled for a nice UCLA Alumni plate frame which I've seen 2 other NSX's acquire since then. But I was the first!!! =P

I personally prefer a slightly, or should I say sightly, modified car. I have protective body side moldings and pin stripes to complete the exterior visual package. I also have custom installed rubber bumpers on the front and back, similar to the earlier 911's. I also had a custom fabricated plastic bug guard installed across the front bumper with a small lip to help deflect the bugs up and over the windshield.

I must have done something right because you can't believe the number of second and third looks that I receive compared looks I received prior to the mods!!!!

Originally posted by milz50:
I'm guessing that I am in the minority, but I 'chose' a random plate.

No your not, to each his own but I left mine alone too. The car has enough personality by itself IMO. Just to be sarcastic, if I did have some 500 HP monster I think it would have a plate that said "URGONE"

Originally posted by wildrice:
I have protective body side moldings and pin stripes to complete the exterior visual package. I also have custom installed rubber bumpers on the front and back, similar to the earlier 911's. I also had a custom fabricated plastic bug guard installed across the front bumper with a small lip to help deflect the bugs up and over the windshield.
Can you post pictures of these mods ??

Originally posted by cojones:
Can you post pictures of these mods ??

Here is a picture of wildrice's car. As you can see, he has had these mods fabricated in the color, Emperor's New Clothes Pearl.

182760172.83409442.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

argh .. I can't see a thing..

------------------
the art of chasing down my friend's white 3000gt at com. ave

NSXCA # 1690 "Sabrina"

Originally posted by sjs:
Now that's just plain silly. Besides, I don't want my plate that easily remembered.

I agree,I dont want my plate easily remembered either.but local L/I seems to know me anyway
wink.gif
geez must be all those tickets.I walked into a gas station about 2 am and was driving my suv and had 5 cops yes five standing around waiting for the krispy creme guy to arrive (no joke)and I said what is this a donut convention?the cops all laughed and then looked at my seriously and stated ..hey dont you drive that black NSX as I was leaving and as the door closed I heard them say almost together 'catch you later'so much for random plate theory,guess it will work out of town
david

Originally posted by BostonNSX:
Just wondering why...

Since NSX is a rare exotic car which lines itself along with Ferraris etc.

then.

why modify it?

why not enjoy it like Ferrari owners.. " stock"

Terence

I modded my 1st NSX, a '95-T, because I envied the power, better braking, and handling that came with the 97+, not to mention the zanardi NSX.

My rationale for modding my car is simple. I only modded parts that Honda themselves changed throughout the years. One thing that immediately comes to mind is the cast iron exhaust manifold to the SS Headers. I also replaced wear and tear parts like shocks and brakes with aftermarket parts as well. Everything that Honda left alone I left alone as well. But thats me, and like what everyone has said, its all based on preference and what makes you happy.

------------------
2001 NSX-T
- Bilstein Shocks
- '02 OEM Wheels

Back