• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

keyless remote transmitter replacement

Someone has offered to sell me a keyless remote "brain" from a 93 nsx without the remote transmitters. He says I can purchase these from the dealer.

I called the local dealer today and the part guy confirmed this. He said that if I supply the number on the "brain," they'll order them from Kenwood for about $65 per transmitter. Any advice is appreciated!!

Does anyone know the part number of the remote transmitter? Just wondering if I can get them cheaper by buying them directly from Kenwood?

Hi- I was going to bid on that as well- but I found out you can get the entire system factory new from Acura, including 2 key fobs, for less than $250.
Im going with that.

Thanks for your advice. I checked with Hoehn Acura after reading it and found that they sell the complete unit with the two remotes for $198 plus shipping. A much better deal!

Yeah I bought the keyless unit from the dealer for $220 and it took about 1/2 to 1 hour to install it properly... It was also easy and self gratifying! I had also bought the Alpine S620 cd changer ($220 + $30 PIN adaptor for the NSX) from Circuit City and installed it with the same ease..

------------------
Biaggi
92 Red NSX #483
94 CBR900RR

Back