• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Kids suspended from school for fighting …..

I was watching the news yesterday morning and they talked about this video that has been going around the internet where a “bully” at school got his a$$ kicked by another kid. The amazing thing is that the “bully” is the smaller kid:eek:! The Newscasters said it has sparked some heated discussions because both kids got suspended from school when it was clear that the “larger one” was just defending himself.

For those that have kids and those that don’t, what are your thoughts? I know not all fights are caught on video, but in situations where it was clear that self defense was in order (video, witnesses, etc) do you think both parties should be suspended?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aezlMnMYM5U&feature=related

-Steve

My take is only the bully should have been suspended. He got what was coming to him.

If you can't use video evidence in making the right decision, you shouldnt be in the position to make the call

I applaud that kid for standing up for himself, and whooping that bullies ass!

If the little chump didn't get in that cheap opening shot, big kid would have been able to score "Flawless victory".

On a side note, what's up with the stupid music at the end of the video?:confused:

Well I agree the big kid, defending himself, should not have been suspended. I think the message the school is trying to send is they won't tolerate any fighting at all regardless and both must go. They want the kids to go to staff to resolve the problem.

I hate Monday morning quarterbacks.

The smaller bully was suspended for 21 days, while the larger kid was suspended for 4 days. So, at least their punishments were not equal.

I find it ironic that the punishment for fighting is to not go to school... Isn't the school just reinforcing the message that fighting gets you vacation time. WTF?

Instead, I think the bully be buried with homework assignments so he doesn't have time to think about bullying other kids. Wouldn't that be more appropriate?

Last edited:
I think the bully should of been suspended and that's it. I mean whats the other kid supposed to do, just sit there and take it...and hope that a teacher shows up.

I understand saying that fighting should not occur in school but in this case it looks justified and I am glad to see the bully got what he deserved.

When I was in the 9th grade, a big African American guy in the chorus class was always making fun of me and my friend all the time because of the accent and the worse thing was that we were the only 2 Asians in the whole freaking campus.
One day, it just happened that i was sitting next to him and again he imitated the my voice while were practicing singing. I did not what got into me, but I punched the guy so hard onto his eye. It happened so fast that he could not react. Anyway, we were in the principal office with parents and got suspended for a day.
The bottom line is the schools , like the other post stated, cannot and will not tolerate violence on their campus and it does not matter whose faults.

I have no problem with the punishments. The Bully gets a significant dent to his academics, while the tormented kid gets a short vacation while tempers cool amongst the bully's friends- No one wants to see any sort of retribution.

It also bears mentioning- That was an extremely dangerous slam- the little fucker is lucky he didn't get his neck broken. Hopefully Casey can attend some training so that he can learn to more safely dispatch tormentors in the future.

When I was in the 9th grade, a big African American guy in the chorus class was always making fun of me and my friend all the time because of the accent and the worse thing was that we were the only 2 Asians in the whole freaking campus.
One day, it just happened that i was sitting next to him and again he imitated the my voice while were practicing singing. I did not what got into me, but I punched the guy so hard onto his eye. It happened so fast that he could not react. Anyway, we were in the principal office with parents and got suspended for a day.
The bottom line is the schools , like the other post stated, cannot and will not tolerate violence on their campus and it does not matter whose faults.

Umm in this case you punched him and he had done nothing physical to you, so I can understand the suspension. Not saying his teasing etc was right, but I think the school in this situation wants you to take it up with a teacher first rather than punch someone. In this situation the bully was actually punching the kid before he got slammed. I look at it as self defense in this case.

Wow! That bully got rocked. I think the punishment was pretty fair. I always thought after you get hit 3 or more times its definitely self defense? Who knows how long this kid was bullying him. I bet after this no one in their right mind will ever bully him ever again and also make school a little more bearable for him.

I agree with ^drtruong, that schools will suspend for the violence no matter whose at fault, but speaking as a mom of a kid who also got picked on, I'm glad Casey finally snapped and let the little kid have it! It looks to me like Casey didn't want to hit the guy but he wanted the torment to stop. I doubt he gave it any thought when he just picked the kid up and threw him down. What if Casey had punched the little guy? I would suspect that the little guy would have flown a ways. I hope it ends the picking on Casey receives at school.

My son is now a 22-year old PhD student and quite confident, but in 4th grade he was a chubby, unhappy kid. One of his classmates, who had been his friend, and was known at school as the class clown, was tormenting him at recess, as usual. My son was sitting on a bench and the kid was behind him. My son had enough and without turning around he just swung a punch behind him. It connected. :biggrin: That littler kid cried but didn't tell and he quit picking on my son. The other kids took notice. I was happy about my son standing up for himself. As a parent, you don't want to make things worse by going to the school and complaining when your kid is being picked on, especially if it's taunting. It seems as if the father of Casey knew his son was picked on/bullied too.

BTW, my son posted the video we're talking about on his Facebook page, three days ago. I think he was happy to see the big kid snap, too.

Last edited:
That's pretty cool they were able to find early video of Zangief as a kid. I guess we now know where he got his signature move.

664477-zangief_chun_li_super.jpg

In any of the threads I've read on this, no one mentions the other kids who are standing around and egging the bullier on, while laughing at the situation. I believe they are guilty also, and should have been suspended. It was a gang bang. The tall kid with the back pack was probably the ring leader. I also believe that the camera person was documenting the bullying for the purpose of humiliating Casey further. They never in a million years expected to document Casey taking action. I am also hopeful that Casey would have done the same thing to the back pack dude had not the tall chick stepped in and got back pack dude to get lost.
Aggressor got less than he deserved.

Jesus, I'm still laughing at that video. That is awesome. I'll bet money that little turd will NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER pick on anyone else. Damnit I'm still laughing.

Last edited:
Sometimes, these bully kids need to be punched, slammed ect and they would never bully other kids. Just like that big African American boy never bothered me again after the incidence.

Sounds normal that both kids got suspended. It sucks but that's the system. They'll say that he should of and could of WALKED AWAY. However, we all know that most of us would not have walked away but instead tried to stand our ground.

That was an AWESOME video. Suspension is no big deal. Expulsion would of been worth raising a ruckus over. All that matters is the reaction at home from mom and/or dad when it comes to detentions/suspensions

Last edited:
Awesome video. Not a fan of violence today but back when I was younger, I truly believed in standing up for one's self

Back